I don’t know about you all, but when I eat crab cakes, I HAVE to dunk every bite in remoulade sauce! I usually whip up a big batch of crab cake mixture, shape it all into patties, cook a few, and freeze the rest. Since I tend to pop them out of the freezer and eat them spontaneously, I often have crab cakes and no remoulade sauce on hand. Lucky for me, I almost always have the ingredients stocked in my fridge so that I can make some homemade remoulade sauce in no time.
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard (Creole mustard if possible)
- 1 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (preferably Tabasco)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced and smashed
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. The remoulade is better if left for a few hours to let the flavors meld. Keep refrigerated.
This remoulade sauce recipe is also perfect when paired with shimp, or any seafood really!
homemade remoulade sauce recipe – via simplyrecipes.com