This dessert couldn’t be more easy! The topping for these banana pops reminds me SO much of the Nestle Drumsticks that I used to devour as a kid, yet much healthier with a banana in the center instead of icecream. This snack only has 3 ingredients, yet two combinations to love – banana and chocolate meets salty and sweet! I’d definitely go for the saltiest peanuts you can find for a salted chocolate topping.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 popsicle sticks or wooden skewers
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut crosswise into thirds
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of gently simmering water. Stir just until melted.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Insert a popsicle stick in one end of each banana piece. Dip banana, one piece at a time, in chocolate, spooning on additional chocolate to cover.
- Sprinkle each banana with peanuts, and set on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, 20 minutes, or up to 3 days.
banana pops recipe – marthastewart.com