There are often trends in ingredients that stick around for awhile – chipotle peppers, kale, Nutella, and Sriracha sauce to name a few, but rarely are there “ingredient combinations” that become as popular as strawberry and basil. These two ingredients grace my table often, especially in spring and summer.
For this edition of Friday’s Fab Five, I thought it would be fun to round up my favorite summertime strawberry and basil recipes. The strawberry basil crostini appetizer, from your’s truly, is a post that is often in my most popular list, thanks to going viral at Pinterest a few times!
1. Strawberry Basil Popsicles, B Britnell
2. Strawberry Basil Lemonade, Fab Fatale
3. Summertime Strawberry And Brie Crostini, Fab Fatale
4. Strawberry Iced Tea Cooler, Eat Well 101
5. Strawberry Caprese Salad, Two Purple Figs