I can’t believe Valentine’s Day is this Sunday! The past few months have been a blur since the baby was born… I’m still having trouble believing it’s 2016, much less February, and almost Valentine’s Day. About the extent of my husband and I celebrating “our love” revolves around food! To us, Valentine’s Day is just another excuse to eat a really good meal, and maybe exchange a card.
Today, I have a really fun Valentine’s Day breakfast recipe for you all. I am ADDICTED to Nutella, especially when it is paired with strawberries. Layer Nutella and thin sliced heart shaped strawberries on a super thin pancake and I’m in love. Serve this pancake either rolled up and sealed with a heart shaped sprinkle, or folded as a breakfast taco.
- 6 thin pancakes (basic pancake mix)
- 3 strawberries, tops removed and thin sliced
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 6 large heart shaped sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- While each pancake is warm, let it cool on a rolling pin so that it is flexible.
- Spread a layer of Nutella on each and top with a few sliced strawberries.
- Fold pancake in half for a taco shape, or roll and seal with a dot of Nutella and a heart sprinkle for a Nutella rollup. Garnish with a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar.