I’ve been making this recipe for years, long before most people had ever heard about it (it was my very own unique discovery for a while). I remember bringing it to a work potluck and it was a huge hit. Everyone wanted the recipe, which I always feel is the best compliment!
I figured most people had tried it by now, but when I brought it to a party last weekend, it was still the most flocked to and talked about appetizer at the get together. This is a recipe I LOVE to make for our football game day festivities!
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 bunch carrots, cleaned, peeled, and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers or tortilla chips
- Boil chicken breasts until cooked through. Shred into small pieces using two forks to tear apart.
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in cheese over the top and cook until warm and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks, carrots and crackers.
What are your favorite football game day recipes?
buffalo chicken dip recipe – altered from allrecipes.com