I think this pink grapefruit salty dog may be the first frozen cocktail in my Boozey Tuedays series, and it is the perfect summer sipper! It’s a beautiful drink, so refreshing, and pretty easy to make too. The Campari liqueur is optional and is really only needed if you prefer to bring out the bitter bite of the grapefruit. If not, then the pink grapefruit and vodka is perfect on it’s own.
- Coarse salt, for rim of glass
- Grapefruit slice, for garnish
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 tablespoon Campari liqueur (optional)
- 1 to 1/2 cups ice cubes
- Place salt in a saucer. Moisten the rim of a glass with a grapefruit slice. Dip rim in salt. Combine juice and vodka with Campari or grenadine in the jar of a blender; blend. With the motor running, add ice until fully incorporated and slushy. Pour into prepared glass.
pink grapefruit salty dog recipe – marthastewart.com