I hope you all are up for a challenge! How many of you follow or post pics tagged with #FoodPorn on social media? It’s one of my favorite ways to get inspiration for my next kitchen adventure, but have you ever noticed how unhealthy most of these recipes are, lacking fruits and vegetables in most pics?
Bolthouse Farms, the maker my favorite Chocolate Protein Plus, Daily Greens Juice, smoothies, and dressings, is hoping to change the imbalance of #FoodPorn by motivating internet foodies to share more fruit and veggie snacks and less sugary desserts. Their new Food Porn Index shows just how unhealthy most food pics on the internet are, with the very on-trend vegetable kale coming in at 10 million posts, vs. icecream at 22 million! To date, Bolthouse Farms has tracked 423.3 million food hashtags on Twitter and Instagram! Fruits and veggies are still getting the shaft.
Help Bolthouse Farms change the imbalance and make every #FoodPorn count! For your next foodie pic posted to social media, get creative and see if you can make your friends swoon over a healthy recipe, like I did! I have family in town and they couldn’t wait for me to finish up my pics for this fruit salsa so they could dig in. The cinnamon chips (tortillas sprinkled with cinnamon) were baking in the oven and the smell was driving everyone crazy! This is one of my all time favorite recipes and it’s SO good for you! Tag @BolthouseFarms and #foodpornindex in your next foodie pic to show off your healthy #FoodPorn!
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries,
- strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the
- refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into
- wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges
- with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla
- wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.