Happy Boozey Tuesdays! In case you’re new to this series, I’m sharing a summer cocktail every week this season for your sipping pleasure ;) Strawberry Basil Lemonade has been one of my all time fav cocktails since I had one at Melting Pot years ago. I actually have their cookbook which is amazing! They have a cheese fondue recipe that I just can’t stop thinking about until I make it again and again!
The Melting Pot cookbook includes so many of their fun signature cocktails, including my fav, their Strawberry Basil Lemonade. So YUM! I just happen to have all of the ingredients on hand since strawberries are in season and I am now attempting, successfully so far, to grow basil. I didn’t have strawberry puree, so I just muddled a couple of extra strawberries than the recipe called for. This drink was the muse of my very first Instgram ever, back when we couldn’t get enough lo-fi and borders lol.
- 3 strawberries, stems removed
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 1/2 oz strawberry-flavored vodka
- 2 tbsp strawberry puree
- 14 oz lemonade
- Whole strawberry (optional)
- Basil leaf (optional)
- Combine the strawberries, basil, vodka, and strawberry puree in a cocktail shaker and mash with a wooden spoon. Add several ice cubes and shake for 15 seconds.
- Pour into a glass. Fill with the lemonade and stir to combine. Garnish with a strawberry and/or basil leaf.