It’s not summer yet, but it sure feels like it here in Florida. I’m not sure if there is a cocktail that better defines sunny days than Cuba’s classic mojito! The mint and the lime paired with rum and club soda are so refreshing. I can tell that I am going to love sipping on cocktails this summer in our screened-in back porch. In fact, maybe I should make Cocktail Tuesdays a weekly tradition this season at Fab Fatale!
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime (cut into thirds)
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water heated until sugar dissolves, cooled)
- 1.5 ounces light rum
- Club Soda
- Lime wedge and mint sprig, for garnish
- Muddle at the bottom of each glass, 10 mint leaves and 3 lime wedges. Sprinkle a bit of sugar in the bottom of the glass because the abrasive texture will release the mint oil from the leaves.
- Fill each glass with ice, top with simple syrup, rum, and then club soda and give a good stir with a long spoon. Garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of mint.