Manicure Mondays – Butter London Holiday Swatches

on November 13 | in Holiday, Manicures, Seasonal Collections | by | with 21 Comments

Butter London Holiday 2012 Swatches

Happy Manicure Mondays on a Tuesday :) We officially have our house up for sale, so instead of working on my manis, we were out of the house while people were looking through it the entire 3 day weekend. We’re so excited about the interest it’s received after only a week on the market, so fingers crossed that it sells soon!

Today I have Butter London’s new Holiday 2012 collection swatches for you all. This glitter collection is so gorgeous and the colors, like all other Butter London glitters, dazzle so brilliantly when the sun hits your nails. The inspiration for this collection was jeweled collars, sequins and metallic embellishments seen at Fashion Week. Their colors are so stand-out, yet totally wearable at the same time!

Butter London Fairy Cake Swatch

Fairy Cake, the Brit term for cupcake, is my favorite of the entire collection. I wish the camera could have picked up on the disco ball effect from this “diamonds in a bottle” polish {shine bright like a diamond is now stuck in my head lol}. It literally looks like my engagement ring when it hits the sun, with the glittery gray base and flecks of multi-colored iridescent glitter. This would make the perfect New Year’s Eve manicure!

Butter London Scuppered Swatch

Scuppered is in the spirit of the military trend that is so popular right now and I ended up wearing this beautiful bronze nail polish with flecks of green glitter for Veteran’s Day this weekend.

Butter London Jack The Lad Swatch

Jack The Lad is the most gorgeous forest green glitter with an overlay of teal micro-shimmer! This is definitely a fun new take on the traditional holiday green.

Butter London Fiddlesticks Swatch

Fiddlesticks is a brilliant semi-matte hot pink magenta glitter nail polish suspended in a raspberry base.

Butter London Scallywag Swatch

Scallywag is a full coverage, bright turquoise blue glitter with a clear base. Like all of the colors in this collection, this blue comes to life in sunlight.

My Thoughts On Butter London’s 2012 Holiday Collection

I had a much better experience with this collection of Butter London polish than I did with the Butter London Spring/Summer 2012 line. Of course the formulas are different as those were cremes and this collection is glitter, so that will offer up a different experience in application. These polishes went on so smoothly in one coat; however, I went for two coats of each for depth of color.

So what do you all think of Butter London’s Holiday 2012 collection? See any colors you’d like to pick up? Have you ever tried this brand? If so, I’d love to hear your thoughts.

The products mentioned in this post were sent to me by the merchant or their PR company. All opinions are 100% my own. For more info, please view my full disclosure policy.

1. trina says:

I love the silver, the bronze and the green/teal glitter!

2. Debbi says:

I really like the green and blue ones.

the green is one of my favs too. for some reason, blue glitters don’t look very good on me. love blue nail polish, but not too wild about blue glitters.

3. Sonia says:

Oh my gosh, I love them all! Definitely on my holiday wish list! Especially since I am always a fan of butter london.

im new-ish to butter london, and already im a huge fan as well. how do you choose a color from their gorgeous collection? i go to ulta and get overwhelmed LOL. im sure your holiday wish list is super-stylish if it includes a little butter :)

4. HK says:

I am a little peeved at myself for buying China Glaze’s I’m Not Lion, now… Fairy Cakes is gorgeous!

I’m Not Lion is beautiful also {and much less expensive}. I love a good gilver {gold + silver}. Can I’m Not Lion be worn alone, or is it for layering over other colors only?

• HK says:

Gilvery champagne pale gold was what I was on the hunt for! I think it probably could be worn alone with enough layers, but I’ve only worn it layered over OPI’s I Only Drink Champagne because I’m lazy, haha!

ohhhhh i bet those two layered are gorgeous! if you have a link to a pic (instagram, twitpic, etc.), i’d love to see! my fav gilvery champagne is zoya jules! it leans a bit more gold though, vs. in the middle of gold and silver, but still hits the mark for gilvery champagne with just a bit of shimmer.

• HK says:

I (surprisingly) didn’t take a picture of it! It should happen again soon with the holidays and all, though… I’ll be sure to send you a link!

• Hannah says:

I realize I’m a bit late to the game, but if you like I’m Not Lion (I have it and I LOVE it) and want a champagney-gold, you should look at China Glaze Champagne Kisses from their Holiday collection–it’s in the same vein as I’m Not Lion, but it’s more champagne colored..

5. Mel says:

Fairy Cake will be mine!!!

6. Chelsea says:

These are such lovely colors! My favorites are Jack the Lad and Scuppered. butter LONDON, why must you tempt me with all these beauties? Ahaa. :)

7. kay says:

why did you photoshop the finished nails? did it not go on as well as it should?

8. [...] colors that have come our way this holiday season. I think this collection, Zoya Ornate, and Button London’s Holiday collection have been my favs so [...]

9. Celia says:

Oh goodness, I haven’t purchased any Butter London in a while and now I feel like I need allll of these!