Manicure Mondays – Blood Dripped Halloween Nails

on October 14 | in Holiday, Manicures, Nail Art | by | with 18 Comments

Prabal Gurung Blood Nails

prabal gurung nails – image courtesy of daily makeover

I have no idea how the blood dripped Prabal Gurung nails made it down a spring/summer runway {more suited for fall, right?}, but they are perfect for Halloween. The bloody manicure was so easy to recreate – I started with a clear base coat, followed by two coats of Julep Jennifer {love my namesake polish}, a beautiful sheer pink nail polish, and I topped that with a dry fast top coat.

Halloween Nails

Next, I dipped an angled nail art brush into China Glaze Loft-y Ambitions, a dark shimmery blood red nail polish, and set a blob of polish a bit under my tips and then pulled towards the tip of my nails, adding a few other random drops here and there. I didn’t finish this layer with a top coat to maintain the textured blood dripping effect.

Not only are the Prabal Gurung nails easy to do, but you can also ding them up like I did and it actually added to the effect lol. They’re foolproof.

Prabal Gurung Blood Nails

Do you have your Halloween nails planned yet? What do you think of these Prabal Gurung nails? Something you would try?

1. ChiChi says:

I did a bloody manicure too. I like yours!

2. Natalie says:

YES! I saw this somewhere else and I can’t wait to try it! (maybe closer to the time though!)

3. Charmaine says:

Would love to give this a try. My brother and SIL have a joint birthday party for their three kids every year, since their birthdays are close together. This year it’s an art theme. I think this would look like dripping paint if I did it in primary colors.

that would be so fun to try different colors. it would look like dripping paint, or maybe even dripping crayons :) you’ll have to share a pic :)

4. Sonia says:

Love this! I will be trying something similar for my Halloween manicure. Check it out on my blog the Monday before Halloween! ballinonabudgetblog.wordpress.com I am planning on using a straw to splatter red nail polish over white to make it look like blood.

5. Tessa says:

Love the nails, indeed amazing for Halloween!

I love this! I wonder if my coworkers would wig out if I wore it to work haha

i work at a conference center and we happen to host a zombie themed luncheon the day before i did this mani (complete with zombies and all), so everyone at work was excited about it lol. we had someone from The Walking Dead presenting lol.

7. BreAnnNicole says:

Ok so I am attempting to recreate these as we speak because I’m going to a Pretty Little Liars Halloween episode party tonight! I don’t know if you watch the show but I’m doing an accent nail with a “-A” on it :) Thanks for the amazing idea! As usual!

8. Stefanie says:

I always enjoy your Manicure Monday posts and this is the first I’ve finally been brave enough to try. http://instagr.am/p/RVoOhFjo_q/

i LOVE it!!! and congrats on getting the nerve ;) it definitely paid off and thank you so much for sharing. i hope you’ll try another sometime soon :)