Manicure Mondays – Zoya Melodie

on August 5 | in Manicures, Nail Art | by | with 29 Comments

Zoya Melodie Swatch Bundle Monster 210 Plate

Happy Manicure Mondays! How was your weekend? Mine was good and lazy, mostly just sitting around watchin the Olympics. Gold medals and world records get me all choked up lol. There have definitely been some amazing “made for movie” moments.

Today I thought I’d do a simple, pretty, summer nail art manicure. I love using a nail stamp to put a flat color over a sparkly polish, there’s something about the combo that gives the manicure the illusion of depth. For this manicure I used Zoya Melodie, the perfect nude beige peach pink shimmer {swatched on it’s own below}, topped with a light blue Konad polish and Bundle Monster’s plate 210 flower design.

Zoya Melodie Swatch - Nude Peach Pink Shimmer Nail Polish

So what do you all think of my summer nail art? Is this floral nail stamping design something you would try?

1. Mob Mistress says:

I like it! I just gave myself an ombre manicure & pedicure. Thank you for your manicure Mondays.

2. Zohra says:

Love it! I really like the contrast the two shades offer

thank you so much. i thought it was interesting that two light colors provided such great contrast {maybe due to the flat color over shimmer?}… i was pleasantly surprised at how well the two colors went together when i swiped on the blue polish lol.

3. Wendy says:

This looks lovely.. and more so because I have found myself madly in love with this light shade of blue.

I watched your manicure video and have had great success with your hints. Thanks so much for sharing it. Still not 100% as neat as yours, but 80% better than how my nails were looking.

Have a stunning week.

i LOVE light blue too. i’m hooked on all shades of blue, actually. there’s rarely a blue nail polish that i ever pass up in stores hahhaha.

im so happy my manicure video helped you out. that’s awesome. the rest just comes with practicing those techniques :) hope you have a great week as well, thanks!

4. Brienna says:

I love that Zoya color!! I’ve been looking for a good nude color. Just may have to order that one :)

I really need to get on the stamping bandwagon. I’ve been doing my best to resist but I’m thinking I’m going to have to give in.

5. Brienna says:

Oh! I also want to add that I completely agree. The flat color on top of the sparkle really does give the manicure some cool depth. I’ll have to keep that little trick in mind!

i learned that trick when i started working with crackle nail polish… when it was layered over a glitter, it looked like a stained glass window :)

6. Mikaela says:

Ohhh I Love this! The colors are so pretty! I would love to try it

7. BreAnnNicole says:

Melodie is such a pretty shade! How long did it take you to perfect your stamping technique? I always get frustrated & give up!

i did cuss a little bit in the beginning, but once i got it, i got it and now it’s so easy. the trick for me is that my stamper wasn’t picking up the polish. i had to buff my stamper with a nail file, only a little bit, so that it wasn’t too slick to pick up the polish. also, are you using konad polish? i would start with the name brand polish until you get it down. hope this helps :)

• BreAnnNicole says:

I’m so glad you suggested buffing the bottom of the stamper bc I would’ve never thought of that, and my #1 issue with stamping is that the polish wouldn’t stick on. Also, yes, I am using the konad polish still! I figured I’d better try to master that before I went fancier hehe

8. Heather says:

So gorgeous! You are so creative! I love the shimmery nude color…haven’t really seen anything like that lately. Perfect color to transition from summer into early fall!

im so happy you like it, thanks! sometimes i need a departure from all the crazy nail art and bright colors that are so popular right now.

9. cass says:

I think I asked you already, but oh well…….how do you maintain your cuticles so well?? They always look so awesome!!

10. So pretty! I love how subtle the pattern is- this would make a STUNNING manicure for a wedding. Subtle and pretty, with a tiny bit of blue ;)

11. Celina says:

Another amazing manicure. I want to buy the polish(es) you swatch every. single. time. Great for my nails, bad for my wallet! ;)

12. Heidi says:

I love it! I have been completely into light and nude shades recently, so this is great!

13. Brienna says:

Looks like Zoya doesn’t make Melodie anymore? I can’t seem to find it on their site. Sad day :(

14. Hannah says:

This is so beautiful! I need to get me some stamps. The quality and sharpness is just unmatched. No way you can recreate that by hand.

Yes, you do need to get some stamps! They’re so fun and the possibilities are endless. And yes, you’re so right, you just can’t get that design as precise freehand. They have stamps for every occasion, so you can always be festive :)