Manicure Mondays – Feather Nails

on July 23 | in Manicures, Nail Art | by | with 11 Comments

Feather Nails - Feather Manicure

matt & nat zipper clutch c/o little black bag, blake nail polish c/o julep, bracelet c/o shoplately.com.

I thought it would be fun to bring back my most popular manicure ever, my feather nails, and refashion the mani for summer. My sis did that manicure for me a couple of years ago and at that time, there were no feather manicures at all on Google images, other than painted feather manicures. I initially did that manicure at my TheLooksForLess site, it went VIRAL at StumbleUpon, and then the idea spread far and fast. It’s exciting that there was nothing else out there like it at the time and now it’s everywhere, because the best compliment ever is when you all try my manis.

For my summer feather manicure, I decided to use a fun bright yellow cream nail polish by Julep and just went for an accent nail this time. I started with a clear base coat, followed by two coats of Julep Blake. When the polish is slightly dry and tacky, I gently pressed a yellow polka dot feather into the polish, let it dry, and then trimmed the feather around the edges of my nail with small scissors. Once the polish is mostly dry to prevent smearing, top with two layers of a quick dry top coat to seal the feathers onto your nails.

Feather Nails - Feather Manicure

So what do you all think of my updated feather manicure for summer? I hope you all will try this out and if you do, be sure to share pics :)

The products mentioned in this post were sent to me by the merchant or their PR company. All opinions are 100% my own. For more info, please view my full disclosure policy.

1. Lauren says:

Wow, I love this manicure!! I have had my eye on Blake for a little while now. Blake and the color of the feather look amazing together :) I wish I was skilled enough to try this out!!

2. love those nails – i had a feather on my nail the other day. thanks for the inspo.

Xo Megan

3. Your manis are VERY popular and always easy to recreate. I also see your nude with gold glitter around the webs a lot.

4. Mikaela says:

OOhh I love this! I love following your manicures on twitter!

5. trina says:

Love it! I don’t think there’s a mani you’ve done that I didn’t like tho ;)

6. Melanie says:

Super cute! I want to try this with maybe pink or blue.

7. carmen says:

I have a question. I saw your section on the julep nail polish in Taylor color. Love loved it on you! So I bought it…My question is, is it suppose to be thick? I apply one side of nail by the time I get to the other side it pulls on the polish or smudges it! Should I go back to the store and get another one or just put nail polish remover?

Thanks,

i would try to exchange it if i were you, because i didnt have that problem. with that said, it does seem like julep has changed their nail polish formula, unless it is just my imagination. they do seem to be thicker than the polishes i got from them months ago.

8. Michelle says:

I saw the top photo hit Pinterest and instantly knew that was you. The Matt & Nat wallet gave you away. :)

9. BreAnnNicole says:

This yellow was seriously made to be paired with that feather! It looks so good!

10. Alexandria says:

I am loving your manicure! Using the feather was such a great idea. And so fun for Summer.

Do you have a favorite Julep color?

Alexandria
    Julep Maven Team
    Check out the blog: http://www.blog.julep.com