Manicure Mondays – Seafoam and Sequins

on May 21 | in Manicures | by | with 19 Comments

Sally Hansen Gentle Blossom Mint Shimmer Green Nail Polish

Happy Manicure Mondays. I hope you all had a great weekend. My husband and I are thinking about building a house soon, so we had a lot of fun going to the Parade of Homes builders showcase. It’s fun to look though all of these new homes on the tour to get ideas of what features we’d like in our own someday. Of course this has led to a pile of pins in my At Home pinterest board lol. I usually work on Manicure Mondays over the weekend, but it had to wait until this evening, which was perfect for the magic hour shot below. I caught the only sunbeam of the evening, after work and before the rain…

I thought it was time to do a post on my favorite polish right now, Sally Hansen’s Gentle Blossom, a beautiful seafoam green nail polish. It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for – I’ve found seafoams and I’ve found shimmers, and now I’ve finally found the perfect seafoam shimmer! It kinda reminds me of OPI’s Thanks A Windmillion, yet has the sparkle that polish was lacking. Seafoam should shimmer like the ocean, right?

I thought I’d add a little more sparkle to this mani with my favorite gold sequin nail polish, Deborah Lippmann’s Boom Boom Pow. You all liked it so much over Sally Hansen’s Petal Pusher, that I thought I’d give it a try over this beautiful light green polish.

Deborah Lippman Boom Boom Pow Gold Sequin Glitter Mint Green Nail Polish

So what do you all think of this seafoam and sequins mani? Is this a combination you would try?

The products mentioned in this post were sent to me by the merchant or their PR company. All opinions are 100% my own. For more info, please view my full disclosure policy.

1. Debbi says:

I see a trip to CVS in my future! I really like that seafoam color. I was just thinking today that I needed some new colors, even though I did just get those two OPI Holland colors. :)

did you end up getting opi thanks a windmillion? i can’t remember. if you did, it’s similar enough to this that i would just pick up a shimmer top coat because then you can use that topcoat over all of your other polishes.

the essie luxeeffects line has some beautiful sparkly top coats :) that way you’ll get a bunch of shimmers, topping off the polishes you already have, rather than just this one bottle :)

• Debbi says:

No, I got the orange and bright pink from OPI. I did stop at CVS this morning and got the seafoam, which will go on later. I’ll look through the comments again to see what was said about the shimmer polishes.

2. this is one of my favorite combo’s! although i use “minted” by revlon w/ boom boom pow! now if only i had your nails!!!

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

ohhhhhh i have jaded, or maybe i have minted… they were so similar. ill have to break that one out again soon and try it under boom boom pow :)

3. I NEED to just break down and get Boom Boom Pow already! Love the combination, so beachy and classy! Gorgeous as always!

Gorgeous, just gorgeous! Now I think I need that seafoam green haha.

yes, you do! i actually dreamt (is that a word? lol) up this color before i finally found it lol. i love it and it will look even better once i get a summer tan :)

5. Lori says:

Have you ever done a post about how you get your nails to grow and look so perfect? I need to know…..lol!! Mine look awful and are thin. Please?

hey lori, i haven’t done a how to care for your nails tutorial. the closest thing i’ve done is last week’s how to get the perfect manicure video tutorial. i don’t do much to care for my nails, other than what i mentioned in the video. i also moisturize my hands every night before bed to keep my nails from getting too dry and file my nails instead of clipping them so that the tips are strong. if you have any questions, please let me know and i’ll be happy to help :)

6. Isis says:

I loved this combo so much I went out and bought gentle blossom after work. I used Essie luxe effects as gold as it gets for a top coat. Thank you for the inspiration!!

no way, that’s awesome! im so happy to hear i inspired. thanks so much for the comment and enjoy your mani :)

7. I’d definitely try this, looks gorgeous as usual!

8. The Petal Pusher mani is one of my all time favorites. I love this one too. I’m going to have to try the gold glitter over all of my pastels.

9. [...] I love a good shimmery gold top coat {Essie LuxeEffects, nude polish with gold sequin top coat, and seafoam and gold sequin top coat}. In addition, I use black and white polish all the time, so it’s rare that I come across a [...]