Manicure Mondays – Lemon Lime Caviar

on April 2 | in Manicures, Nail Art | by | with 23 Comments

Caviar Nails Manicure Tutorial DIY - Lemon Lime Manicure Mondays

Caviar Nails Manicure Tutorial DIY - Lemon Lime Manicure Mondays Revlon Electric Yellow Shimmer Creme Nail Polish

Caviar Nails Manicure Tutorial DIY - Lemon Lime Manicure Mondays Julep Leah Green Creme Nail Polish

Caviar Nails Manicure Tutorial DIY - Lemon Lime Manicure Mondays

photo credit – my man, bright and early this morning. thanks honey!

Happy Manicure Mondays! I hope you all had a great weekend! I’m so excited to share a fun springtime mani with you all. My friend Trina and I swap mani/beauty/diy ideas {and everything else that interests us} all the time. This week, she wanted to do a caviar manicure {the microbead manicure kit made popular by Ciate that sells for £18.00), and I wanted to do a juicy fruity manicure for spring, so we combined the two ideas in a link up. The black caviar manicure by Ciate was great for fall, but Trina’s raspberry/orange and my lemon/lime manicures are perfect for the beautiful warm weather we’ve been having lately.

I was beyond excited to do a lemon/lime caviar manicure, but after an exhaustive search around town, I could not find yellow microbeads anywhere! Trina and I both picked up the Martha Stewart glass microbead set and Trina’s husband had the bright idea of using the clear microbeads over the yellow nail polish which worked out perfectly. Our husbands come in so hand sometimes! Although the pack had green microbeads, to keep the look consistent, I used clear for the green accent nail as well. I thought it turned out great, so if you’d rather save your money, just invest in clear microbeads, since they take on the nail polish color under them quite nicely.

To get the look, I used shimmer creme nail polishes for the yellow and green to go along with my juicy fruity theme. For the yellow, I used Revlon Electric {last seen here in my Chanel Mimosa dupe comparison} and for the green, I used Julep Leah {check out my Julep Maven review}, a really pretty grassy green. I painted all of my nails, except for my accent nail, and sealed with Seche Vite’s Dry Fast Top Coat. Next, I applied a really thick layer of polish to my accent nail, and before it had a chance to dry, I quickly sprinkled my microbeads all over the nail with a bowl under my hand to catch the fall out. Press the beads into your nail very lightly. You want them to adhere well, but you don’t want to goop up your polish. I didn’t apply a top coat to my beads because I didn’t want to kill the sparkle, however, if you want this mani to last longer than a day or two, I would suggest sealing it with a topcoat.

So what do you think of my lemon/lime caviar nails? Is this a manicure you would try?

1. I LOVE your take on the caviar mani! It looks so good in lemon lime! Great job Jen, I’m going to have to find me some microbeads!

2. alyson says:

This is so, so pretty!!

3. linda says:

LOVE THEM <3 <3

4. Wow ! It’s so so so beautiful !!! I love it !

5. Katie says:

This looks GORGEOUS! I love the texture that the beads add – they look great on just one accent nail. Plus, these colors are so perfect. Ah, summer!

6. Mariana says:

I love it!
    I’ve been seeing so much of this trend the past few days and I liked it, but I just wasn’t sure it was something that really fit my style. Seeing it on just one nail though makes me like it even more!

7. This is so gorgeous, I love it!!

8. this is such a fun mani! LOVE it!

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

9. Natalie says:

I love that shade of yellow! It’s so summery! Sadly I’m not sure if I have the skin tone to pull it off :P

This was such a fun link up Jenn! We make a great team :) Your photos turned out amazing, yay for hubbys! haha Speaking of hubbys, mine just LOVED that you gave him a shout out on your famous blog! haha

11. Great job. I only tried the clear beads over white so I must try them over a colour too!

12. [...] I’ve been seeing this “caviar” manicure popping up everywhere. Not quite sure if I like it, but it does look cute as a statement nail. [...]

13. [...] thought of wearing these clear beads over a colour until I saw this blog post by Fab Fatale http://www.fabfatale.com/2012/04/caviar-nails-manicure-mondays/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted in [...]

14. Sangy says:

Soooooo pretty…. your new follower *.*

15. Brienna says:

What a cool idea!! I personally prefer the look of the clear beads over the colored one. They seem to have a better sparkle just based on the two different pictures (yours and your friend’s).

I discovered your page about 2 weeks ago now and I can’t stay away! Keep the creative juices flowing :)

im so happy you can’t stay away! please keep coming back and i hope you’ll keep in touch. thanks for the comment and have a great weekend!

16. [...] trimester and did 12 manis {3 months worth} in one weekend to stock up on Manicure Mondays. The lemon/lime mani was my first mani back as it marked the end of my first trimester, just two weeks [...]

17. kara says:

where did you find the 12 pack from ? i can’t find it anywhere !

hey kara, i picked it up at michaels. it is on the martha stewart aisle. if you try this mani, i hope you’ll let me know how it turns out.

• kara says:

that’s what i thought ! i went there the other day , and asked if they had any and they said that they didn’t sell them anymore . do you know where else i could find them ? i would LOVE to try this !