Manicure Mondays – Spring Floral

on March 19 | in Manicures | by | with 19 Comments

Sally Hansen Aflorable Red Green Floral Manicure Nail Strips

Outdoor Sunlight

Sally Hansen Aflorable Red Green Floral Manicure Nail Strips

Outdoor Shade

I’m loving the new Sally Hansen Salon Effects press on nail polish strips for Spring. They were on sale the other day at WalMart, so I picked up a couple of designs. Aflorable is by far my favorite, with the red and ivory floral design against the pale sage background. The colors and design are so beautiful.

Have you tried press on nail polish before? If you have links to your press-on mani pics, I hope you’ll share them in the comments along with your thoughts.

1. Jessica says:

I’ve tried press on nail polish and it was such a disaster I only did one nail on each hand. It was all wrinkly and all but maybe 4 were way too small for my nails and to go up a size would have left some nails polish-less. Any tips or tricks? I love all the design options and convinence of them but I’m a little leary to try them again especially at that price to only use 2 strips total.

oh no!!! that’s too bad. did you use the sally hansen brand? ive never had that problem. here is a review video i did that they ended up using on their site. hopefully it will help. maybe you can pick out a step or two that you may have missed from the review? i’ve only had wrinkling issues with other brands (that weren’t real nail polish).

also, i cut my strips in half so that i can get double the use out of them. 1/2 on one nail and then the other 1/2 on the matching finger on my other hand. this definitely helps with cost if your nails aren’t too long.

2. Love this one – I just bought the polka dotted style & a brighter floral from Target. This was my first time using them & so far, I’ve been very impressed…way easier than attempting a pattern on my own! :)

yes, i was impressed at how easy they were to apply and at how long they lasted. i couldnt imagine that a press on would last as well as something that had dried on my nails, but it sure did. because they were long lasting and easier to apply than stamping, i became an instant addict lol. love it!

3. Jess P. says:

I tried these last summer in leopard print and although they took some getting used to when I was applying them, they lasted for a few days before they started peeling off at my cuticles and ripping at the top of my nails. I’m wondering if I would have done a top coat if they would have worn better for me…

ive never used a top coat on mine, but for some reason mine last well. i have heard some people say they’ve used a top coat and that it helped seal the edges. im not easy on my nails, so im not sure why mine hold up. i do have to admit though, i rarely go more than a few days without switching out my mani out of boredom, but i did have one last 7 days before it started to grow out so i removed it. here’s a review video i did when they first came out that sally hansen used at their site. it shows what mine looked like after a few days i hope this helps :)

I was just noticing yesterday at Target that there were new designs out, and I think this is one of them. Love the colors!

have you tried the press on strips yet? i can’t remember if we talked about them before. it’s been a while since i’ve used the strips from Sally Hansen.

• Trina says:

No I haven’t. I have so much nail polish it’s hard for me to justify the $8 on them for one {2?} time wear haha!

i agree. they have them buy one get one half off all the time at CVS, so i only buy them on sale and then cut them in half for 2 uses :) helps a little. have you tried other appliques? they’re so fun! the ones from julep are harder to apply since they’re not real nail polish, but what they lack in ease they make up for in style :)

5. These look better on than they do in the box! I really like them on you!

6. Eboni says:

So pretty!! Okay, so I was kinda in love with these things when they first came out, but I noticed my nails got really dry and brittle after repeat use. Have you experienced that at all? I was wondering if it was just my nails, but I saw a couple other complaints of the same thing online. I kinda looooove this floral print, but I am scared to try them again…what do you think?

7. alyson says:

Love this one… so pretty! I still have not tried this… insane, right?! I bought the lace ones ages ago, like when it first came out, and have totally slacked on taking the time. How much time do you think it takes total for a total newbie like me?

8. Ally says:

I’ve tried the Sally Hansen ones and I think maybe it was the kind I used (the candy cane one from Christmas) but it was horrible! mine were so wrinkly no matter what I did, and they started to chip so quickly! I really like this spring one though so maybe I’ll give them another shot

9. Kimberlee says:

Gorgeous! I’m obsessed with Sally Hansen nail stickers. These are gorgeous :)

10. Erin D. says: