Manicure Mondays – Peacock Nails

on March 11 | in Manicures, Nail Art | by | with 21 Comments

Peacock Nails Manicure - Julep Peacock Feather Applique Press On

Peacock Nails Manicure - Julep Peacock Feather Applique Press On

Peacock Nails Manicure - Julep Peacock Feather Applique Press On

Happy Sunday everyone. How was your weekend? I’m posting this a little early since I’ll have family in town tonight – I’ll be making dinner and enjoying their company, rather than working on Manicure Mondays as I usually do on Sunday evenings.

Today I’d like to share these super fun peacock appliques with you, courtesy of Julep, just one of the many fun manicure products that could land in your monthly Juelp Maven box. If you’re new to Julep, check out my review and if you’re interested in becoming a Julep Maven, you can get your first box now for only $5 using code FABFATALE. As a Julep Maven, you will get your choice of box every month for $19, each one containing nail polish and manicure products, and you can skip a month or cancel at any time.

These Julep peacock crystal {for lack of a better word} appliques were super easy to apply. I don’t think they are real nail polish, so they weren’t too floppy which made application easy with the weight of the jewels, yet they were also pliable enough that I didn’t get wrinkles or bubbles when smoothing them out. I only wore them for a day because I don’t like the feel of textured manis {so I can’t speak about how long this mani will last}, but it’s the crystal texture that is so striking about this peacock manicure, so I’d recommend it for a fun party or girl’s night out. These were super easy to remove by just peeling them off – no nail polish remover was necessary.

So what do you all think of these jeweled peacock nails? Is this a manicure you would try?

The products mentioned in this post were sent to me by the merchant or their PR company. All opinions are 100% my own. For more info, please view my full disclosure policy.

1. PPFGirl says:

When I saw the first picture (before I read what these were), I thought you had hand applied each crystal! These look amazing!! :)

heeeeey, how are you? so happy you like them, thanks! i love it when i {accidentally} trick people like that. they get wowed at first glance, then realize its so easy anyone can do it :) hope you’re having a great weekend!

This turned out great! I can’t wait to wear mine! :)

3. Debbi says:

Pretty, but I don’t think I’d like the textured mani either. Right now I’ve got a shockingly bright green on to celebrate 100 years of GS and it’ll work for St. Patrick’s day (if it lasts that long!).

ohhhh what color green are you wearing??? i love shocking :) i won zoya jewels and gems collection for a manicure contest and there are a couple of greens in there i cant wait to try for st. patrick’s day :)

• Debbi says:

It’s Sally Hansen Green with Envy. In this case, beggars can’t be choosers – I wanted green and this is what the girls had for me since I don’t have any.

ohhhh i love that shade of green. not exactly GS green, but i love it and it’ll be perfect for st. patty’s day :)

4. lisa brown says:

Absolutely stunning!

5. alyson says:

hahaha same with me… totally thought you hand applied these and was thinkinG WOW! Still, WOW, but excited that I could do it as well. :)

6. Heather G. says:

I wore these exact decals for about a week, and while they looked great they totally stained my nails :(

oh no, that’s too bad. i only wore them for a night out, so i didn’t have any staining. i’m going to try their other appliques soon and since they’re less textured, ill probably wear them longer. i’ll have a review on how those last and how well they may be removed. thanks for the info!

7. Ale says:

Seriously! You outdid yourself this time. The Midas ring mani was by fay the best, but now, this one reigns supreme. Loved it!!!

8. [...] peacock nails by the fab fatale / alternating nails mani by …love meagan /half moon mani tutorial /striped nails  /toe sparkle  /  polka dot inspired by stylemint (the softest tees under $30! tip: register now, they have promos every few weeks!) [...]

9. Kate says:

I am in love with this!! Beautiful!

10. [...] Fatale recently posted this striking nail art design for peacock nails. I fell in love! But, like the author at Fab Fatale, I also don’t really like [...]

11. [...] at julep maven review, feather nails, julep collection so far, halloween nails, caviar manicure, peacock feather nails, and valentine’s nails}. Julep has so many gorgeous colors to choose from, and it’s so [...]

12. Hannah says:

If one had the patience you could re-create this look with a dotting tool and many colours. I just might try it!