Manicure Mondays – Chevron + Tangerine Tango

on February 5 | in Manicures, Nail Art | by | with 16 Comments

Sally Hansen Kook-A-Mango Chevron Tangerine Tango Pantone Manicure Nail Polish

I hope you all had a great weekend! You may have caught an Instagram preview of this mani on Twitter the other day as I was chattin it up with the Budget Babe about chevron nails. She reached out for a how-to on this popular pattern, and I just happen to have this lined up for today’s Manicure Monday.

For this manicure, I thought it would be fun to mix the color of the moment, Pantone’s color of the year Tangerine Tango, with the pattern of the moment, chevron. The color I had on hand that was most similar to the coral reddish orange of Tangerine Tango was Sally Hansen’s Kook-A-Mango. Another coincidence cuz the Budget Babe and I share a love for this color and wore it often last summer!

I opted to showcase the color and pattern over a nude base color using Essie’s Sand Tropez. For the chevron pattern, I used Bundle Monster’s image plate 201 with my Konad stamp and scraper set. Once the design is good and dry so that it doesn’t smear, top with a layer of Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat.

My Twitter bud @bunniexoxo thought this mani looked Missoni inspired. Fun, right? So what do you all think of this chevron + Tangerine Tango manicure? Is this something you would try?

1. i.love.this…I need to do stamps!

2. Okay I think I need a stamper….

i think it’s time lia ;) you should definitely go for it :) you’re so creative that i’d LOVE to see what you come up with :)

3. Every time you do a new mani, I think, No. THIS is my favorite of hers. Um. This is my favorite. :) I love the color combo and the chevron!!!

that’s awesome! im so happy to hear that! i try to go for something unique each time (with the exception of collection reviews). i also try to go for a range of difficulty with each one, so that not all of my manis are too over the top :) thanks so much for the compliment. i really appreciate it!

4. Jessica says:

I would love to know how this is done so I can attempt it myself. Sooo cute!

5. Joan says:

Love the color combo and pattern. Would love to try it but not sure it is appropriate for someone who is 50ish.

6. You already know I love this mani but I had to say it again. Amazing!

7. Kimberlee says:

Damn those look great! I need to get that stamper :)

8. Jen says:

i LOVE this. i’m a total diy-er and love this idea. the color and chevron are beautiful together!

jen

9. [...] Nail art is a great way to express your personal style and this Chevron Nail DIY from Fab Fatale looks [...]

10. Myra says:

I clearly need to go find some stamps!! I love this chevron inspired mani! And of course the color combo is super gorgeous.

im so happy you like it. thank you so much. yes, you need to get a stamping set. the possibilities are endless :)

11. [...] Fab Fatale // Created by  Modern Day Design shot by Christine Farah Photography via Style Me Pretty [...]