Friday’s Fab Five – Weekly Inspiration Board

on February 24 | in Friday's Fab Five | by | with 21 Comments

Pink Lipstick Summer Tablescape DIY Paint Glass Vases DIY Tee Cardigan Pizza Recipe

What’s not to love about an inspiration board that includes pizza and pink lipstick all in one post!?!?. Check out the things I can’t wait to buy, try, and DIY this week.

• I’m going to get the nerve to try a bright pink lipstick soon. I’m not the one that has to look at it all day, so I’m not sure why I’m so intimidated lol. Any suggestions on the perfect pink shade?
  • I had so much fun with my winter tablescape, that I’m ready to put another one together for spring/summer. I’m loving the peach, yellow, and mirrored glass in this tablescape.
  • A couple of my favorite tees are starting to get a little “snug” in the midsection, but I don’t want to toss them! I’d love to try Trina’s long sleeve tee to cardigan DIY to save my favorite grey and white striped tee.
  • I’m in love with this painted glass diy tutorial. The paint actually goes on the inside of the vases and is swirled around, so you get a super shiny and dimensional effect with the clear layer untouched on top. This is such an easy and inexpensive way to add the colors of your choice to any room.
  • One of my favorite things to make at home is pizza! I’ve never made a margherita pizza {one of my favs}, so I may have to give this this recipe a try.

It’s Friday, so I may have to go for the pizza tonight with a big ‘ol icey glass of Coke. My man is in town this weekend, so maybe we’ll make it a date night with a movie! What were your must-haves this week? Did you try anything new? I’m always up for new ideas!

1. Kelly says:

Oooo bright pink lips!!! Whenever I feel the urge to do something drastic like red, pink, or even purple lips (apparently that’s going to be very in this spring) I start with a sheer gloss in an extreme shade to see how I feel about it. I know it’s a little non-committal, but sheer brights are great for everyday wear without being too overwhelming for work.

Ulta has a fabulous sheer color line (http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3570079) and there are more shades in the store. My favorite bright pink doesn’t seem to be on the site there (“sweet” and “poppy” are close), but “siren” is my favorite day/night shade.

If you want to fully commit to a non-sheer lip color, I highly recommend NARS matte lipstick in “carthage.” (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P273416&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3976) NARS products are a little pricey, but worth every penny! For more traditional lip color, their lip pencils provide some of the best coverage I’ve encountered!

oh my gosh! i can’t thank you enough for the suggestions and for the links! i have a pink sheer gloss at home by E.L.F that i love, but every time i go to leave the house wearing it, i spazz out and take it off lol. the 60s is my favorite era for style cuz i love really dark or really light hair, flat in the front with volume at the crown, nude lips, and smokey eyes. pink lips doesn’t fit into that at all, but i want to try something new lol :) i’m off to check out your suggestions and thanks again so much! have a great weekend!

• Trina says:

haha I love that you just said you “spazz out and take it off”. I used to feel that way too about bright lips. When I started wearing hot pink and red lipstick {Revlon Colorburst in Fushia and True Red} I had worked my way up like Kelly did with a sheer gloss {the coral one from Revlon that you blogged not too long ago…}.

ok, that’s it. no more excuses. im wearing my e.l.f. pink lipgloss tomorrow to get used to my lips with color and im not gonna spazz!!! ill be well on my way to a bright pink pout sooner than later. i always say, just try it for a day!

2. Pizza and an icy coke. Yummmmm. I don’t drink soda anymore but when I eat pizza or have a burger. It’s a must. The painted glass vases are so pretty and EASY! I’m going to pin a do myself!

im exactly the same way. i dont drink soda either, except my husband and i have to have it with pizza. and it has to be coke, not pepsi lol. if you try the painted glass, i expect pics ;) let me know how it goes and have a great weekend!

3. Rachel Jay says:

I too am totally digging the pink lip trend (as well as orange lips!) and recently bought 2 shades to try out. My orange shade is Revlon’s Siren and my hot pink is a L’oreal fuschia that shimmers a little (Sea Fleur perhaps? I don’t have it with me right now).

I agree that trying out a gloss is a good idea. I’m also becoming a fan of lipstains as well, and really like Revlon’s Just Bitten.

I love those painted glass bottles and vases! What a great idea for thrifted items!

oh my goodness! you are so brave with those colors. i love it! i’m gonna have to stop by CVS on my way home to see if i can find any of those. wish me luck on getting a little nerve lol. thanks for the suggestions and have a great weekend!

Thank you so much for including my tee to cardi! So glad you like it. We expect to see some pics soon! :)

of course, and thank you so much for the inspiration. now i keep looking at all my tees like im ready to chop them up lol.

5. Rachel Jay says:

Haha yea, I’ve decided to be braver with colors this year :) I own too much black clothing and too many neutrals for makeup!

my new years resolution this year was more color, and while i haven’t failed miserably at that mission, im still a work in progress. must add pink lipstick as part of my goal to wear more color lol.

6. Jessica says:

I just signed up for BirchBox and in my first box they sent me this awesome hot pink gloss. I was so afraid to try it but as soon as I put it on I loved it! It goes on sheer with one coat but I do 2 or 3. I’ve started wearing it just about every day because even after the gloss has worn off, the tint is still on your lips. You can only get it through Birchbox though because the brand created the color specifically for them but I would recommend it.

I’ve already been decorated for spring for 2 weeks now. I love the spring table decorations at Michael’s right now and I found some cute place mats and dishes for cheap at Big Lots. I am ready to get rid of this snow! (Even though it’s only really snowed about 3 times this year in Michigan)

ohhhh i just signed up for birchbox and now im all excited about it. ive been on a waitlist for a while, but finally got a subscritpion. i cant wait to see what goodies they have for me in my march box. ill have to check out the spring decor at michaels. they are always my go-to for tablescaping, there and the dollar store lol. thanks for the tips!

7. Hayley says:

MAC prolong wear “love forever!”

beautiful bright pink. lives up to the name; i’ve never had a lipstick stay on so long.

color: http://www.maccosmetics.com/images/products/swatches/168×168/MG3206.jpg
    product: http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/168/10179/Pro-Longwear-Lipcreme/index.tmpl

oh that is such a pretty color, and it looks like the color the model is wearing in my pic. thanks so much for the suggestion!

8. Debbi says:

I love margharita pizza and we do homemade a lot. I’m so going to have to try this when we get home. The bottles are pretty. Several years ago I made some Christmas ornaments in a similar way; super easy and they came out really pretty. Maybe we’ll make some bottles for decoration.

if you get around to tryin this recipe before i do, let me know what you think! the ornaments diy sounds fun! i may have to try something like that. did you just get clear glass ornaments and pour paint into them?

• Debbi says:

Pizza will probably be on the menu in the next week or so. I’ll let you know how it goes! I’ll message you about the ornaments when we get home, so later this week.

9. Taylor says:

My all time favorite hot pink lip is Katy Perrys signature color, Mac in “Girl About Town”
    …Its PERFECT!

ohhhh i may have to hit the mall on my lunch break and check that out! i love me some katy perry and she wears pink lipstick so well! thanks for the scoop!