Glitter In The Air vs. Whimsical

on February 13 | in Manicures | by | with 29 Comments

How was your weekend? Mine was amazing, but flew by way too quickly. I’m enjoying my grand finale by eating chocolate ice cream, watching the Grammys, and workin on Manicure Mondays. Just a few of my favorite things!

When I was in Virgina for Christmas, I was browsing the nail polish aisle {as usual} at Ulta and saw a pretty little seafoam and sequin polish by the queen of dupes Revlon that looked strikingly similar to Deborah Lippmann’s Glitter in the Air. Check out the comparison below and let me know what you think.

Deborah Lippmann’s Glitter in the Air

Deborah Lippmann Glitter In The Air Revlon Whimsical Dupe Comparison Mint Creme Sequin Glitter Nail Polish

Revlon’s Whimsical

So what do you think? Pretty spot on right? The two polishes are exact dupes in terms of the seafoam creme base and sequin color. Where they differ slightly is in coverage and amount of sequins. Both polishes had visible nail lines {VNL} after 3 coats; however, Revlon’s Whimsical had a bit better coverage and a few more sequins per stroke. The biggest difference is in price. Deborah Lippmann’s Glitter In The Air retails for $17.00 and Revlon’s Whimsical will run you only $3.99.

1. What an incredible dupe! I’ve wanted the DL one, but now I’ll absolutely be getting the Revlon! Thanks so much Jen!
    xo
    Lia

2. Rachel Jay says:

Oh I’ve been looking for a good dupe of that DL polish! I can’t bring myself to spend that much money on a nail polish, but I do love the way that one looks! So perfect for spring and summer! Yay! :)

3. Brit says:

Wow! Love this!!!

4. Heather G. says:

Wow – they’re totally identical! Crazy. I just got Whimsical the other day. Excited to take off my Valentine’s manicure and put on Whimsical.

heather, that’s awesome! did you know whimsical was a dupe when you picked it up? it’s so pretty and perfect for spring! what mani did you do for valentine’s day? :)

• Heather G. says:

I knew it looked like something else I’d seen, but didn’t realize it was a duper for Glitter in the Air until I saw your post :) My v-day manicure is Julep Samantha (hot pink) on all but my ring finger. Ring finger is Julep Ellen (red) with a light pink (Julep Carrie) heart in the middle :)

5. Thanks for this! Found Whimsical 3 days ago and now I know that I have a gem. :)

6. What a pretty color…off to CVS!! lol

7. Emily says:

I tried 3 places and couldn’t find Whimsical!! I guess I will keep looking… :(

8. elizabeth says:

they do! they do look the same. although i love me so much deborah’s amazing dazzlers i never deter from revlon either. this is such a pretty color, thanks! i’m gonna be hitting target pretty soon.

happy valentine’s day!

@4evaurgurl

9. OMG!!! i must by the revlon version today! =)

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

10. Ana says:

I’ve known about this dupe for a while but passed it up because swatches I had seen of this particular DL shade didn’t appeal to me… but it looks so pretty in your swatches! May have to pick it up after all :)

11. Ana says:

You really don’t have a base color in these swatches? All the other swatches online of this without a base color show it as being extremely sheer even with 3+ coats. Hmmm. That’s why I like your swatches better. I wonder if they changed the formula? o.O

no base coat other than clear :) in fact, you can still see my visible nail lines if you look closely. however, i did use 3 very thick coats knowing i didn’t want it to look sheer, so that is probably the difference :) i hope this helps.

12. Ana says:

PS – Claire’s has a DL Candy Shop dupe! I am hoping to find a bottle tomorrow. They even gave it the same name, Candy Shop. Shameless! haha :)

oh my goodness! ripped off the polish and the name lol. shameless for sure lol. just checked out your post, that’s unbelievable. ill have to check for that next time i’m in the mall ;) thanks for the tip!

13. ooooooh… pretty pretty!!!! I love this one!

14. [...] Ah the much talked about Revlon dupe for Deborah Lippman’s Glitter in The Air (For a comparison over on Fab Fatale click here). [...]

15. Shannon says:

I’m so bummed that I just read this post yesterday! I’ve been hunting Revlon Whimsical all afternoon, to no avail! It seems to be a pointless endeavor so I’ll be trying to find it online… I guess it was a limited edition!

even though i have this polish already, i always look for it every time i go to target or a drugstore {so i can let my readers know}, and the only place i’ve ever seen it is at ulta, which is where i picked it up. i did find it at amazon.com, but the shipping is a little pricey http://amzn.to/HSSmxq luckily the polish is only $4.99, so price + shipping is still less than the deborah lippmann polish, but not by much. good luck. let me know if you ever come across it anywhere other than online.

• Vanessa says:

I found this site looking for reviews on Whimsical. Just wanted to let you know I found mine at Rite Aid today at 40% off. I’ve also seen it at K Mart. Not sure if you have either one of those, but just letting people know about those places. Granted, I got the last bottle. Lol. It’s a gorgeous color. Glad I chose it over the DL for the price.

im so happy you let us know where to find this. i hate doing a post on a product and then it goes MIA for my readers lol. isn’t whimsical such a fun and beautiful color? thanks again and welcome to my blog :)

• Shannon says:

I finally found it! At the end of a very long day I was passing the Rite Aid in the Crystal City underground (Va) and decided to check for it- because if I didn’t I’d always wonder. And sure enough they had 3 bottles! Woohoo! Score!

They also had some bottles of Color Club (which I’ve never seen in a store) for $4-5.99 each. I wasn’t excited enough about any of the shades to pick up a bottle, but I do tend to love their formula so I’m excited about the prospect of being able to buy it locally next time.