Valentine’s Day Manicure

on January 29 | in Holiday, Manicures, Nail Art | by | with 58 Comments

Valentines Day Manicure Nails I Love You Be Mine Nail Stamp Sweet Hearts

Valentines Day Manicure Nails I Love You Be Mine Nail Stamp Sweet Hearts

I’m so happy this Valentine’s Day manicure turned out exactly as I had hoped. Hopefully it’s obvious that I was going for the look of the infamous conversation hearts candy with my Valentine’s nails.

I used nail polish colors I had on hand, all cremes that matched the Sweethearts, including Julep Blake (yellow), Julep Carrie (pink), Essie To Buy Or Not To Buy (purple, spring 2012), Essie Navigate Her (green, spring 2012), China Glaze in Peachy Keen (orange peach), and Sephora by OPI Nail in Havana Dreams (light blue).

I really wanted this manicure to look soft, so I went with short rounded nails and piled on a few thick layers of each color. I topped each layer off with Essie Matte About You matte top coat, to give my nails that chalky finish like the Sweethearts, and then stamped each nail using Nail Art Diva’s From the Heart 1 image plate and China Glaze in Make An Entrance along with my Konad stamper and scraper set. For a how-to tutorial on stamping, check out the video that I did over at TheLooksForLess.com.

Please follow FabFatale on Instagram for Manicure Monday’s sneak peeks. So what do you all think of this Valentine’s Day Sweetheart manicure? Is this something you would try?

Valentines Day Manicure I Love You Be Mine Nail Stamp Sweet Hearts

Use promo code FABFATALE to get your first Julep Maven box for only $5.

The products mentioned in this post were sent to me by the merchant or their PR company. All opinions are 100% my own. For more info, please view my full disclosure policy.

1. Cynthia says:

These are SO cute!!!! Love! I was wondering if you could do some kind of a post about your nails, and your nail care routine, shape, upkeep…products. All of that? They are so lovely in all of your posts!

thank you so much! yes, i hope to do a post and/or video on manicure mondays “revealed” ;) someday soon. thanks so much for the request :)

2. lisa brown says:

WOW. Your nails look so cute. I love it!

3. Cecil says:

Love it!!! Super cute. I agree with the post above. How do you keep up with your nails, they are so nice.

thank you so much. i hope to do a post soon on how i do my nails. thanks for the request and i hope you’ll check back for it!

4. Jasanna says:

These are ridiculously cute! I have these pastel type of colors as well, but I’ve never seen that stamped nail art idea…how cool!

im so happy you like it! thank you. im about to update the post with info on the stamp and scraper i used, since i forgot lol. hope you’ll check back :)

5. Debbi says:

Very cute! I think Sarah would love it. I’ll have to send you a pic of Whitney’s Super Bowl mani next weekend (hopefully the Patriots logo!).

6. alyson says:

this is SO fun! happy early valentine’s. :)

happy early valentine’s day to you too. its funny how early i do these to give other people ideas, then have to do them again when the holiday rolls around lol.

7. ok…i NEED this plate. SO cute! you always have the best mani’s! =)

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

Oh Jenn, I love this! Fantastic job! I was trying to figure out what color you stamped with…I didn’t see you mention that and it looks like an orange-y red? Did I miss it somewhere?

oh dangit. thanks for catching that. i used China Glaze in Make an Entrance and just updated the post with the info. it is a dark creme pink. i was surprised to find out that all of the sweethearts, no matter what color they were, all use pink writing. fun fact :)

9. i love this, so flipping cute, doing!

10. Eboni says:

Wow. This is sooooo adorable. I love it! I am amazed at how PERFECT the colors are.

I also need to try that matte top coat. I love matte nails!

yes, you have to try that matte top coat! i love it! it totally transforms shimmers. it’s so fun! im so happy you like the mani. thanks for the comment and i hope you’re having a great weekend!

11. Jen this is so fabulous! The colors are so spot on, and the matte finish makes it perfect! And the stamp is so rad, I can’t believe they make one for this! Killer job, darlin!
    xoxo
    Lia

thank you so much lia! yes,i had a vision and searched hi-and-low for that stamp. wasn’t sure what i was going to do without it lol. im so happy you like the way it turned out. thanks!

12. Jenn says:

Love this!!
    Thank you so much for the inspiration!

13. SO CUTE!!

xoxo from Brazil,
    Gabi Barbará

14. Sarah says:

how did you do the words on the nails? thay are super cute:)

15. Natalie says:

Sweet! (literally!) It’s so clever! How do the stamp things work? Do you paint over the words like stencils?

hey natalie, i meant to add that info to the post (about the stamper and scraper i used), but i totally forgot. i’ll go ahead and update the post with the other tools i used now, so i hope you’ll check it out again in a few :)

16. Jasmine says:

I LOVE this so much!!! What a great idea, and you matched the sweetheart colors perfectly! I have kind of a silly question about the stamp template… do you have to use it with something else? I looked at the plate on Amazon and noticed that they recommended something called the “DivaBasics Smart Start Kit” to go with the image plate. Is that something you have to have to use the plate? Thank you so much!

yes, i used my konad stamper and scraper. you can get both for about $6 total on Amazon. i meant to add that info to the post, ill go ahead and do that now :) i wouldnt bother with the Nail Art Diva tool, all it does is scrape for you, when you could do it yourself with an inexpensive scraper :)

17. Heather G. says:

This is the cutest manicure I’ve ever seen!! Great job!

18. sara says:

Wow! I love it so much! :)

19. Jennifer, you ALWAYS have the best holiday manis. Hands down. Harhar.

I love this!

20. Heather G. says:

Psst – I’m featuring your manicure on my Saturday link up (Hello, I Love You) This week’s theme is “candy” Hope that’s ok!

21. [...] An adorable conversation hearts manicure. [...]

22. Kimberlee says:

Omg so beautiful!!

23. [...] your nails for Valentine’s day. In case you missed it, check out my conversation hearts candy Valentine’s Day manicure. What were your must-haves this week? Did you try anything new? I’m always up for new ideas! [...]

24. Allycia says:

This is the cutest mani ever!! I literally saved the photo on my computer! Gorgeous!!

xx

thank you so much! i hope you’ll try it out! it’s so fun and the conversation hearts stir up quite a bit of conversation ;)

25. [...] an Essie ‘make-any-color-matte’ polish to give them the same finish as the real candy. Check out the post here, it’s really a great detailed tutorial. But even if you can’t get your hands on the [...]

26. Love Love Love Love Love! This looks so good! Definitely will have to try this next year.

27. Jen says:

The nail plate seems to be sold out on Amazon =`[ I wonder where else we would be able to find it.

28. isabella says:

hey AWSOME joob!! i was just wondering how did you get the letters SOOOO perfect?!!

29. [...] conversation heart manicure from Fab Fatale [...]

30. [...] wasn’t sure how I was going to top my conversation hearts Valentine’s Day Nails from last year, and I’m not sure that I did, but I’m really excited about how this [...]

31. [...] + Last, but certainly not least, another fabulous mani from V-Day last year. Fab Fatale was inspired by conversation hearts when she put together this adorable manicure.  [...]