Friday’s Fab Five – Weekly Inspiration Board

on January 27 | in Friday's Fab Five | by | with 15 Comments

Ombre Hair Wing Eyeliner Instagram Photostrips DIY Avacado Bean Salsa Frozen Grapes Wine Vase Terrarium

I’m all about a few easy DIYs and recipes this week. I hope you enjoy this week’s inspiration board of things I can’t wait to try, buy or DIY.

• Loving everything about this look – ombre hair, black winged liquid liner, and gray sweater. I love the modern mod feel to her look. I don’t have enough hair for her do, but I could probably work in a little black eyeliner soon.
  • I have to try this Instagram photostrips tutorial. It would be fun to do a strip with each of my friends as gifts.
  • I don’t think I’ve ever looked at a pic of food and felt like my mouth was watering lol. Maybe it was the idea of the lime and cilantro in this Black Bean Salad with Corn, Red Peppers, Avocado & Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette recipe. I bet this would be good with chips or over chicken as an entree.
  • Keep white wine chilled with frozen grapes and a recipe for grape sangria.
  • I have no idea why I’m so obsessed with cute little indoor terrariums. The fishbowl terrarium was Pinspired, but she created her indoor garden in glass bowl bookends.

I know the first think I’ll knock off this week’s Fab Five board will be the avocado and cilantro bean salsa. I’m thinkin this would be a great Saturday afternoon snack! What were your must-haves this week? Did you try anything new? I’m always up for new ideas!

1. Kim says:

I love the idea of ombre hair color but I doubt I could pull it off! Although I read something about navy blue eyeliner and have been trying that this week. Totally makes me look more awake and peppy! :)

2. Debbi says:

I’m too darn busy to try much of anything new right now, especially if it involves cooking. I am going to try my new nail polish I got, thanks to you. :) My free Zoya polish came in yesterday so I’ll be trying that out tonight.

3. alyson says:

ok, equally as inspired here! loving the instagram pics as well as that terranium. SO cool. Happy Friday.

OMW that bean salad looks incredible! I must make it soon. Sadly I’d be the only one in my house to eat it. Darn picky eaters! haha I’m sure I could half the recipe though.

i think im gonna try it out tomorrow, so ill letcha know how it goes. if it’s good (and how could it not be with those amazing ingredients) then you’ll def have to try a half batch :)

5. Kam says:

The instagram photo strips are super easy I made some a few weeks ago for my friends birthday present an they turned out really good and she loved them. :) when I did it though I did two strips and each strip had four photos I just made sure all of the photos had the same editing and it looked good :)

oh im so happy you tried this out already and thought it was easy! i’d love to try to get these on magnets somehow. ill have to do a bit of googling to find out about what type of glue to use to get paper onto magnets. :) thanks for the scoop and have a great weekend.

6. Ale says:

I am crushed, because I am a pc and can’t find Instagram for my computer or else. :( However, the black eye liner, I have done it and It looks very cute with soft pale lips. I have worn it to work with a flashy fuchsia lipstick (Rimmel In Vogue) that I dry out with a napkin to make it matte and, believe me girl, it lasts all day and looks amazing! It is mah-jor!! XOXO

7. [...] weekend! I blogged about this avocado, black bean, and cilantro lime dip a couple of weeks ago in Friday’s Fab Five and I couldn’t wait to make it. I was looking for a healthy, but tasty Super Bowl Sunday [...]

HAHA I was just stumbling and landed on YOU! Hey friend ;)

no way! that’s awesome! that’s timely since we were just chatting about StumbleUpon, while stumbling, while landing on my post lol. fun!!!