Friday’s Fab Five – Weekly Inspiration Board

on January 6 | in Friday's Fab Five | by | with 16 Comments

Mustard Yellow Dress Plum Purple Heels ColorBlocking Hot Fudge Recipe Corn Cakes Avacado Scarf Hanger Organizer DIY

I can always tell what mood I’m in based on my Friday Five posts. Apparently I’m in the mood for spring with the sheer dress, strappy high heels, ice cream, corn cakes topped with avocado, and spring cleaning. Are we even halfway through winter yet lol? I hope you enjoy the things I can’t wait to try, buy or DIY this week.

• My resolution this year was to wear more color, so now my eye is drawn towards beautiful color combinations. I’m loving this mix of a yellow dress paired with purple high heels.
  • Vanilla ice cream just isn’t the same unless it’s topped with a little chocolate. If your hot fudge jar is on empty, try this homemade hot fudge sauce recipe with ingredients you may have on hand.
  • I love the idea of organizing measuring cups and spoons on the back of a cabinet door. You can find them easily and it clears out a little drawer space. I also love the conversion chart above it.
  • This corn cakes topped with avacado relish recipe looks so fresh and yummy. I’ve been on an avocado kick lately {they’re so dang good for you} and I would love to try this. If I do, I’ll letcha know how it turns out.
  • Just when I realized I needed a way to organize my scarves {they’re hanging from purses in my closet at the moment}, I came across this scarf hanger diy on Pinterest made with a hanger and shower curtain rings. Smart n Snazzy also has a scarf hanger tutorial that will hold so many scarves on ribbon covered rings. I love it.

What were your must-haves this week? Did you try anything new? I’m always up for ideas!

1. Thanks for the shout-out Jen! I am loving your picks here; that dress and those heels are to DIE for! And what a killer idea of hanging the measuring cups and spoons on the back of a cupboard like that?!
    xoxo
    Lia

hey lia! of course! you inspired me just when i was looking for a little inspiration! it was great timing. love your diy! we were thinking about getting our cabinets redone soon, so i kinda wanna test the measuring cup idea out on what we’ve got now to see how i like it :) if you try it out, let me know. hope you’re having a great weekend!

2. Mariana says:

You just saved my scarves!

3. Kat says:

I was JEN-spired this weekend and just had to make the corn cakes! I went to this amazing Mexican restaurant in DeLand Florida (called De La Vega) over the Christmas break and had the most AMAZING food ever and just had to have these again. Feel in love with guacamole and everything! Check it out…

im so happy you tried it and loved! tested and approved. now i really have to try it :) thanks so much for the comment love :)

4. Beckie says:

Thanks so much for mentioning for organization chart. I really appreciate the shout out and link back.

hey beckie, of course, no problem at all and thank you so much for the inspiration. id love to try this and dedicated a post to it soon. such a great idea. thanks again.

5. Ale says:

Already helpfully contributing to my own New Year’s intentions (I decided I was not going to make resolutions, cause I never get to them, instead I dubbed them intentions, to see if I can actually get them DONE).

I started my closet re-organization little by little, and by God will this tip may come handy for many things besides scarfs. Also, the more-color-resolution is up my list too. Keep up the recipes which look very yummy, and if you need variations for them just holler!!!!

Lots of love, like always, from sunny Puerto Rico.

hey ale!!!! how’ve you been? yes, i love intentions vs. resolutions! that’s awesome! i never keep mine either which is why i came up with one for fashion, one that i can break, vs. one for health, that i should not break lol. i thought people may think i was vain making fashion my only resolution, but it’s quite the opposite… i don’t want to break a resolution, so i made none that mattered lol.

i actually just picked up shower curtain rings and new hangers on my lunch break. i CANNOT wait to get home to play. oh, the little things in life that excite me :) so good to hear from you :)

6. alyson says:

YUM, that relish and the dessert look divine!!

7. Natasha says:

I LOVE the scarf idea since I’m a scarf addict! Can’t wait to try it! :)

8. [...] couple of Fridays ago, I wrote about my need to organize my scarves and I finally found a solution! This scarf hanger organizer was so easy to make, doesn’t take [...]

9. Eboni Ife' says:

OMG! That corn cake looks pretty amazing. I want some, too.

I also love the purple strappies!

heeeeey eboni! how are you? my friend tried it out and loved it. im really on a mission to accomplish all of my fab fives (even though they keep adding up weekly lol), and this one is definitely on my list of things to try soon. so good to hear from you :)