How was your weekend? Mine flew by way too fast. This is my last weekend at home before I go to Virgina with my husband for the holidays and I cannot wait to get away for a couple of weeks. Last year in Virginia I had my first white Christmas and I’m hoping for another this year. Here are a few of my weekend snapshots:
- I got this fun USB LED Christmas tree from my friend Kathy. It sits on top of my monitor and changes colors. It brings a little peace and joy to my desk.
- I made one of my favorite recipes for my man Friday night, penne and Italian sausage with a vodka tomato cream sauce. We did “date night in” with dinner and a movie from a Blockbuster Express machine. We were halfway through The Fighter when the movie broke and luckily we were motivated enough to run back up to Publix 2 minutes before it closed to pick up another.
- It was freezing in Florida this weekend. We had chicken soup and grilled cheese sandwiches to keep warm Saturday afternoon. Mmmmm comfort food!
- I got my first four Zoya nail polishes this weekend and I’m in love. It’s the first of many for me since I hit up a few of their flash promos last week. I’m sure you’ll see a whole lotta Zoya in the weeks to come on Manicure Mondays.
- Swatching white glitter and nail polishes for a winter themed Manicure Monday. I hope you’ll check back tomorrow to see what I came up with.
- I finally got around to making those hot chocolate truffles I blogged about a couple of Fab Fridays ago. I’m enjoying a cup right now and it’s amazing. I’ll blog more about it later this week.