Manicure Mondays – Let It Snow

on December 12 | in Holiday, Manicures, Nail Art | by | with 39 Comments

Holiday Christmas Snow Manicure White Glitter Nails China Glaze Frosty

I hope you all had a great weekend. I was inspired by the cold weather and upcoming holidays with this snow manicure. It was actually really easy and didn’t take much time at all. I have two versions of this snow manicure for you, one that’s super sparkly for a fun night out and one that is wearable and will last a bit longer.

For the fun night out super sparkly mani above, I started with a clear base coat topped with two layers of China Glaze Snow. Next, I added a coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat and quickly sprinkled a layer of white glitter over it that I found at Michaels. The top coat between the layers will help dry the white creme polish, as well as help the glitter stick faster. I did one nail at a time as the quick dry top coat does dry very quickly.

Now for the wearable manicure shown below. Obviously, the super sparkly manicure won’t last too long if you don’t seal it due to the texture, so this is the same glitter mani as above, but sealed with a top coat. I did a few swatch tests and found that a clear top coat kills the sparkle of the glitter. Luckily, I happen to have China Glaze Frosty on hand, a sheer white glitter top coat, and that sealed the deal perfectly.

Do you have your holiday manicure picked out already? Is this something you would try?

Holiday Christmas Snow Manicure White Glitter Nails China Glaze Frosty

The products mentioned in this post were sent to me by the merchant or their PR company. All opinions are 100% my own.

1. Debbi says:

Love this!! May have to go get the stuff for this one.

2. Alicia Gibbs says:

Awesome love it! Please check out my holiday mani :)

Alicia

3. Jasmine says:

now this….is extremely cute!!! love it! love it! love it!

4. Stacey says:

110% going to try out this mani! I love doing my nails, but wish I was creative enough to come up with my own idea’s lol. Was looking for something new to do with my nails this year during Christmas, and this is perfect :). Maybe doing this mani will help me to forget that I’m in Minnesota, and still don’t have snow for Christmas, only two weeks away!! I’ve always had a white Christmas, so I am not use to no snow. This mani might have to be my snow lol. Great mani again!! Keep the idea’s coming :).

5. Sandra says:

Right now I have China Glaze: Ruby Pumps on all my fingers except the ring finger, I have Finger Paints: Sketch N Etch on those ones. I’ve been looking for China Glaze: Snow Globe, but they are sold out locally. Maybe I can find China Glaze: Snow instead.

• Sandra says:

I mean find China Glaze: Frosty!

oh fun! i just looked up china glaze snow globe and it is beautiful. were you able to find it? i may have to pick that one up myself ;)

• Sandra says:

No. We only have Sally Hansen here, we used to have an independent beauty supply store but it closed down, and they said they wouldn’t get any more and they were already sold out. I call to the next city over and see if anyone has it there. I want to get China Glaze’s Blue Year’s Eve too, but that is sold out here too! :( I’m just not fast enough. :\

i usually get most of my polish at amazon.com. i used to be afraid to pay all of the shipping, but usually i can get a polish for about $3.99 and shipping for about $2.99, which is usually less than what i pay for a bottle in stores. also, i don’t pay tax at amazon.com, making the total even less than the store price :)

• Sandra says:

With the Sally Club card I can get China Glaze for about $5 a bottle, and Finger Paints is about… $4.50 I think. I don’t know, I like going in there and looking at all the colours.

oh that is a great deal! I go to sallys about twice a week just to stare at their colors lol. one of my fav places to go for inspiration.

6. Leigh says:

I’ve been waiting to see this since I saw the sneak peak pics yesterday. It’s GORG! Think I’m going to have to make a trip to Sally’s…..

7. Jen this is so fabulous! I love it! It literally looks like snowflakes on your nails. Great job!
    xoxo
    Lia

you know, i always try to make my manis “realistic”, but i hadn’t really thought about how real this one looks until i got your comment. i went back and looked at it again and it really does look like real snow hahaha. it looks cold lol. thanks for the comment.

8. Elizabeth says:

I am so going to try this!!! I tried a similar look last week that did not work the way I wanted. I am going to try again with some white glitter from Michaels. Thanks for the tip.

So cute! Is the glitter just regular craft glitter or is the Martha Stewart glitter?

10. Kam says:

I love this! I am so going to try this! It looks so good! I’m definetly going to try this! One of my favorite manicures Jennifer :)

11. Mindi says:

Love it too!! Will be heading out tomorrow, will have to look for this!

12. sara says:

that’s awesome! I want to try this now! thanks! :)

13. Jennifer says:

i’m so happy you all like my mani. thank you so much. if you try it, i hope you’ll share pics :)

14. Maura says:

I decided that I was bringing white nail polish back this season, but I hadn’t thought of a glitter top coat! I love this idea and will definitely try it. What do you use to clean up your edges/mistakes? Or do you just not make any mistakes? If so, I’m so jealous!

hey maura, yes i use a nail art brush dipped in nail polish remover to clean up my edges. wish i had thought of it years ago instead of using q-tips lol. the brush i use looked kinda like an eyeliner brush – short, stiff, and angled :) hope this helps and thanks so much for your comment!

15. Marília says:

hi, I’m Brazilian. I really liked the effect and would like to play it. What kind of glitter did you use?

hey marília, i picked up an extra fine white glitter at michaels craft store. you can see a pic of it in my weekend snapshots (previous post). i hope this helps and im so happy you like the mani :)

16. Allycia says:

OMG I love this! Defiitely going to try it this weekend!

hey allycia, i LOVE your holiday manicures post. so much inspiration in one post. if you try this snow mani, i hope you’ll share a pic :) thanks for the comment :)

17. Thereasa Gargano says:

Love the white snowy nails. Happy New Year

18. Elle says:

Amazing! I like it so much. Worth a try.
    xoxo myredsoledshoes.blogspot.com

19. ashley says:

what nail polish remover would you use to get the glitter completely off? i have found it very hard to use regular nail polish remover to take off glitter. Would acetone be ok?

20. [...] went on perfectly in two coats with no streaks or bald spots. I use white so much in my nail art {let it snow manicure, snake manicure, 4th of July nails, union jack manicure, and palm tree manicure} so I’m happy [...]

21. Tanya says:

I really like this! I will have to do this next winter.

the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

22. […] {palm tree manicure, tribal manicure, 4th of July manicure, another 4th of July manicure, holiday snow manicure}. However, every time I apply the white cream polish, I just want to skip the nail art because the […]