Merry Christmas Eve!!! We’re in Virgina for the holidays and having an amazing time. I’ve enjoyed sleeping in this week and not doing much of anything, other than a bit of last minute Christmas shopping and visiting with family.
This morning, my husband jumped out of bed before the rest of us, cruised to the grocery store, and surprised us all with a festive Eggnog French Toast breakfast. It didn’t taste too heavy or sweet, like I thought it may. It was so good! I hope you enjoy this recipe.
4 eggs, beaten slightly
1 1/2 cups eggnog
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
12 slices French bread
1. Whisk the eggs. eggnog, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
2. Preheat an electric skillet to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease the skillet.
3. Dip one slice of bread at a time into the eggnog mixture, being sure to coat each side of the bread thoroughly.
4. Place the prepared bread slices into the preheated skillet, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side.
5. Place cooked slices on a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm until all French toast is cooked. Serve immediately.