Manicure Mondays – Bad Romance vs. Facets of Fuchsia

on December 26 | in Manicures | by | with 25 Comments

Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance Revlon Comparison Facets Of Fuchsia Look For Less

I have a fun Manicure Monday for you today. I’m so in love with Deborah Lippmann nail polish, especially her hex sequin and glitter lacquers {check out my Boom Boom Pow over Petal Pusher Pink mani}. Bad Romance, a gorgeous fuchsia purple glitter over a medium opacity black, is no exception. I was running through Target the other day {as usual} and stopped in the nail polish aisle {no surprise there} and saw that Revlon, the queen of dupes, carried a polish that was strikingly similar to Bad Romance, so of course I snagged it for a comparison.

As you can see in the pics above, Revlon Facets of Fuchsia is nearly an exact dupe of Deborah Lippmann’s Bad Romance. The sequins are all mixed up from one pic to another, else you’d probably think it was the same mani with a different bottle in each pic. The only difference that I can see is that Bad Romance has a darker black base, so if you’d like the exact look, try layering Facets of Fuchsia over a black creme nail polish.

I used 3 coats of each polish, the application was exactly the same, and both brushes were nearly identical. Bad Romance retails for $18 and Facets of Fuchsia can be picked up for only $3.99.

1. Sandra says:

That’s kind of neat. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to afford Deborah Lippmann’s polishes so it would be nice to try Revlon’s dupes.

revlon is amazing at dupes, and so super affordable. give them time and they’ll usually copy your fav high end colors ;)

2. Katie says:

GORGEOUS! I have had my eye on the Revlon shade for a little bit now… seeing it actually on makes a world of difference! Now I KNOW I NEED it! :) Can’t believe how close it is to the Deborah color! Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

so happy i could talk you into it ;) you know im a bad influence when it comes to polish lol. isn’t it crazy how similar they are? clearly revlon copied, but im shocked at how close they came. i did a post at thelooksforless.com a few months back on a dupe they did of chanel’s mimosa and they “nailed” that one as well ;)

3. Heather G. says:

I have facets of fuschia and it is amazing!!

Such a perfect dupe! I might have to pick this up :)

5. Kam says:

Ooh that’s so pretty I love the colors! I just got a new nail polish for Christmas and I’m so excited to try it :)

6. So I went out tonight to get this Revlon Facets of Fuschia and picked “it” up. When I got home, I realized the name said “Scandelous.” Has anyone else noticed that Revlon duped themselves? It’s the same exact color. I found no difference in the bottles, however, “Scandelous” is supposed to be new.

7. Ana says:

I have Facets of Fuchsia and love love love it! I also find it to be extremely long wearing. I had it on for 10 days (with Essie topcoat) with only minimal tip wear! As Katie said in her comment, the color is now called Scandalous, as Facets of Fuchsia was part of a limited collection, but so popular that they made it permanent with a new name (they also have brought back their Chanel Paradoxal dupe, Perplex, under the name Naughty if I remember correctly!)

There is a mini ULTA brand nail polish set called Glitterati with 4 mini polishes that are all dupes for Lippmann polishes! Facets of Fuchsia and Across the Universe dupes, and the others are dupes too I think. I haven’t been able to find it, but it was in their ad recently and on sale (which is probably why I haven’t been able to find it).

hey ana! thanks so much for the info! i couldn’t imagine why revlon would redistribute facets of fuchsia under a new name, so that makes sense. thanks so much for all the dupe scoop! you’re giving me so many ideas for upcoming mani mondays ;) i can’t wait to check out the ULTA glitterati collection. thanks again and hope you’re having very happy holidays :)

• Ana says:

You’re welcome! :) Btw, totally unrelated, but I saw your hex nut DIY bracelet post recently and got inspired. My first few attempts were kind of sloppy but once I got the right size nuts and cord I was really happy with the outcome. Here’s the most recent piece I made :) http://instagr.am/p/cg_Lt/

hey ana! thank you so much for sharing your pic! i absolutely love it. my first hex bracelet turned out pretty good, but like most things, right when you finish up there are things you realize you’d like to do differently. i’d love to do something a little lighter and brighter like yours. i painted mine lightly with brown paint to make it look tarnished, but i think i was a little too heavy on it lol. i also used pretty large hex nuts, which i learned over time made it quite heavy. the feel of the weight didn’t bother me, but it did keep the wrap portion of the bracelet pretty tight around my arm, so it didn’t hang properly. you’ve inspired me to give it another go. maybe ill do something more natural (lighter colors) right before spring. you are so awesome for checking out my blogs and leaving feedback. thanks so much! hope you’ll keep in touch! ps – i can’t find that dang ulta glitterati anywhere! i went to an ulta yesterday, and can’t find it online either :(

8. alyson says:

this feels SO perfect for new year’s!! all about the purple lately. thanks for the dupe!

im ALWAYS all about the purple lol! wouldn’t this be amazing with a little black dress for NYE? i love it! so good to hear from you :)

9. LOVE it! What a great dupe find! :)

10. [...] After seeing “Fab Fatale” featured a manicure with another Revlon glitter option “Facets of Fuchsia,” I had to pick it up soon after.  I was quite surprised when I thought I had purchased “Facets of Fuchsia,” but in fact had picked up Revlon’s new shade of “Scandalous” which is exactly the same polish.  Name change or not, the color is gorgeous and I am in love with it.  The only downside was that I had to use three coats to get it to the desired look.  Other than that, it’s perfect! If you haven’t already done so, head over and take a look at her featured manicure here. [...]

11. Mandy says:

Wonderful swatches!
    I adore this and I am not the type who normally likes dark polishes and never hexagon glitter or even Revlon for that matter. Here are all 3 in one bottle.

I got Facets from a friend and thought I would just try it for a laugh and take it off. I ended up loving it. So much so I was excited when I heard they were re-releasing it but with the name Scandalous becuase I only got 1 bottle of Facets. If you missed out on Facets then Scandalous will do it becuase it’s exactly the same thing.

Rite Aid had a buy one guy one half off and I had to go on an excursion from store to store only to find they would have one left at each one! I finally got my hands on a couple so I can use them and not be concerned. If you like it a lot grab a few becuase the Ebay sellers are out in full effect grabbing up entire stocks of this stuff in one go. The ladies at the registers tell me it happens quite a bit but people are allowed to buy as many as they want. So annoying. :(

i can’t believe that you don’t like dark, hexagon glitter, or revlon, but love this nail polish! that’s awesome! it’s so fun and different, right?! thanks for the tips on where to find and the buy one get one deal :) aren’t those ebay sellers so annoying? that explains why it’s so hard to find. i wonder if the same is true for whimsical.

12. [...] I first saw this back in December (almost 1 year ago!) when Fab Fatale did a comparison between it and Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance. I was still in the infancy of my nail polish obsession so I had absolutely no idea that there was [...]