I love making this Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti for the holidays. The red cranberry and green pistachio are festive Christmas colors and it goes perfect with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Last year, on my last day of work before our holiday vacation, I brought in a batch of this biscotti, a lemon loaf, and some coffee for a Starbucks themed get-together. It was so fun to munch on this throughout the day while we worked.
My sister and I discovered this biscotti at the same time a couple of years ago – we were so excited to compare notes and realized it was the same exact recipe lol. It was her bright idea to dip it in white chocolate and it’s just not the same without it. Isn’t her pic above amazing? That girl has skills for days in the kitchen and behind the camera!
1/2 cup light olive oil
1-1/2 cups white sugar
1 Tablespoon & 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1t almond extract
3-1/2 cups all purpose flour
2t baking powder
1 cup dried cranberries
3 cups shelled pistachios
12 oz white chocolate (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand.
3. Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12×2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
4. Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F.
5. Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool. Optional – allow to cool and dunk the bottoms into melted white chocolate.
Serve with hot coffee or milk. There aren’t many things more enjoyable to eat than fresh baked biscotti from scratch! It’s so well worth it!