what to wear – thanksgiving dinner

on November 11 | in Fashion, Holiday | by | with 11 Comments

Thanksgiving Outfit

What are you all doing for Thanksgiving? Every year I go to Georgia for a big family get together and I love nothing more than spending time with my family, enjoying a laid back day, and eating way too much turkey and dessert. I hope you all can help me decide what to wear to our family dinner. I usually opt for a dress because they are such easy, yet stylish, one piece outfits and I love any opportunity to dress up.

My cousins and sister have kiddos now, so I’m thinking about going for pants and a blouse so that I can get around a little easier, and for more coverage as I’m tossing them around lol. I’m also opting for pieces that may be mixed and matched easily with the rest of my wardrobe. Let me know which outfit you all like best. I’m kinda in love with the ruffle blouse – I want it in every color lol.

Are you all ready for the big day? Do you have your outfits picked out already?

1. Lauren says:

I LOVE IT ALL!!! White pants are risky, especially on a day that’s dedicated to eating! Same goes for the white shirt! I could let you borrow one of Vera’s bibs though. I think they yellow dress is very you, but I love all three outfits equally!

2. Patti LeBlanc says:

I think I like the black and white with leopard belt outfit. So chic!

3. Ale says:

LOL!! I love the clothes, but I rather take Joey’s advise (Friends) and try to make a “turkey pant” into something chic and festive. We Puerto Ricans are very much like the Greeks and we tend to goble, goble, goble ’round the Holidays!!!!! However, maybe for Church I can use some of this stylish tips and then change into my turkey pants…. XOXO

I love the maroon top! I’d be afraid to do white pants on Thanksgiving {kids + food= sticky handprints lol} but maybe pair with black pants.

5. Nikisha says:

I say go for the white and black, thats an outfit that can be dressed up with heels or down with flats either way its an outfit that can’t go wrong

that’s the one im leaning towards. the black and white is dressy together, but are basics that can be mixed and matched with the rest of my wardrobe. more bang for my buck :) thanks for the comment!

6. Nancy says:

Jen, been trying to comment on these gorgeous outfits all week! I love, love the maroon top but with kids and white pants – tricky! Dress is adorable but then again, kids – risky! So I think the black and white and leopard belt is the one to go with! However, I would have a hard time deciding cuz they are all stinkin cute! Good luck! :)

hey nancy! im so sorry you were having trouble commenting. any idea why? thanks so much for the vote on my holiday outfit and im so happy you like them all. thanks also for stopping by and for the comment :) i appreciate the love at my new blog :)

7. eStyle Chat says:

Super cute! Those colors are amazing, mustard yellow is such a beautiful color right now.

Here’s my similar post! Check it out and please let me know what you think! We did clothes for all the situations you could find yourself in on Turkey Day. :-)

im in love with mustard yellow right now too ;) zara has a few mustard yellow tops that are beautiful! thanks for the comment :)