Manicure Mondays – Copper Meets Rose Gold

on November 13 | in Manicures | by | with 31 Comments

OPI Rally Pretty Pink Copper Glitter Nail Polish

Hey everyone, happy Manicure Mondays! How was your weekend? Mine wasn’t long enough and I had three days off lol. It was perfectly balanced though – part fun with a movie night at my bud’s house, part productive, and part do-nothing.

Today I have a standout, yet so easy manicure. I love mixed metals, and I especially love this copper meets rose gold shade by OPI. Rally Pretty Pink is actually a shimmer, with all of the sparkle of a glitter. I used three coats to get the manicure fully opaque; however, it also looked amazing with only one sheer coat. Now if I could just find a good gilver (gold meets silver), my life would be complete lol.

What do you all think of OPI’s Rally Pretty Pink? Is this a color you would try?

1. Amber says:

I LOVE this color! I wanted the Teenage Dream one, which was similar but a lighter pink and could never find it in stores. Now I’m glad I didn’t because this is actually more what I was looking for. A little more grown-up than the other, I think. Thanks for sharing!

2. Ale says:

Luv it!!! Now that I am over the Shellac I will resume my DIY manicures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know I would try this. Gorgeous!

4. jennifer says:

yes, gilver lol. do you ever watch Rachel Zoe Project? she is obsessed with what she calls “gilver” and was looking for a dress for the oscars in gilver lol. i love the color and love your idea of the silver with glitter top coat. that may be perfect!

• Ale says:

Hey Jen I think I sent you an email a while ago about a metallic nail polish Vanessa Hudgens was wearing. It was Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Polish in Time to Shine. It is kind of gold and silver, but sometimes depending on the light it looks rosy. Maybe you should check it out for gilver’s sake xoxo

ohhhhh that’s right! you did!!! i loved it then and that was before my obsession with gilver, so now i have to have that color! thanks for reminding me! now im excited!

it’s lookin like zoya jules is a good gilver contender as well :)

• Ale says:

Because I am a freak (in a good way, LOL), I went straight to Sally after work and saw the Finger Paint polish in Hue left a Message? and it is very similar to the Opi one. However, I bought ORLY’s Ingenue from the 2011 Holiday Soiree collection and it’s very similar to Rally Pretty Pink. They also have one shade called Oui that is more to the purple shade than pink. The color is super cute. Also, there was one bottle left of China Glaze’s Anchors Away collection -AHOY- I had to buy. It is very festive too. Super bright-electric pink and glitter. Nothing wrong with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad I just did my nails with my all-time favorite Essie color Fondola-Gondola… XOXO

ale, you are so much like me lol. everytime i hear of a new color, im off to sally’s that day (usually twice a week). if i can’t find it there then im on amazon immediately if not sooner lol. i just saw jessica’s comment and it looks like you got the right Finger Paints color :) i’m off to heck out your favorite essie color of all time :)

5. Lindsey R. says:

Yes, gilver!! Love me some Rachel Zoe! I love this color, too. Definitely something I would try! Great choice.

6. Ally says:

love this color! I have Zoya Faye and it’s a dead on dupe for the color, so happy. This post makes me want to go paint my nails !

7. Mindi says:

Love love the color, will be going to look for it tomorrow and try it out!

8. suuuuuuuuch a fun color… it’s a perfect representation of rose gold. Are you lovin’ your new space over here? It’s really pretty!

YES! im loving my new space! love love love! now i can blog about anything and everything – which is great cuz i have a lot to say ya know ;)

9. alyson says:

WOW, love this look. Such a pretty, unique color. Loving this new blog! :) Congrats.

10. Jessica says:

LOVE this! I have an incredably similar color by Finger Paints that I tried on for the first time last night and I am in love! Its fun enough for the holidays but mature enough to wear to buisness functions.

oh wow, that essie color is beautiful! i may have to track that one down :)

• Ale says:

Hey Jessica what is the name of the Finger Nails nail polish you mentioned? Since Trade Secrets went out of business in PR I am not able to find OPI’s nail polishes so easily. However, Sally is everywhere so it’s easier for me to find Finger Nails polishes. XOXO

11. aww it’s such a pretty color! I love it :)

12. Deb says:

Love this color! I look forward to Manicure Mondays. You always have the best ideas and products. My favorite gliver shade is Steeling the Scene by Essie http://www.essie.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=331 The picture on their site doesn’t do it justice. It’s an amazing shade that is part silver, part gold, part pewter.

13. Instantly addicted to your new-to-me blog. you’re amazing and your blog(s) are amazing!

14. mom2jazz says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! SEE IF I CAN BUY B4 MY NAIL APPT TOMORROW!

15. Jen says:

so pretty!

16. Shay says:

I discovered this color right when it came out and I love it! I have it on my toes right now haha

17. Elvia says:

It looks amazing like rose gold! I would definitely try it! :)

18. Already have this color and love it!!

19. angie says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this color! And it is so chip-resitant. :)