Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate

on October 26 | in Beverage, Holiday, Recipes | by | with 12 Comments

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate

We’re finally starting to have cool nights here in Florida, so this was a perfect after dinner dessert. It kinda reminds me of the yummy hot Chai Tea Lattes I get from Starbucks (fall in a cup), but a little sweeter. So good!

Serves: 4-6

Ingredients:

4-5 cups whole milk
10 ounces white chocolate, chopped
4 teaspoons cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
whip cream

Directions:

In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups of milk, white chocolate, and cocoa powder. Cook over medium heat, whisking periodically, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is well combined. Whisk in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Add the remaining milk, 1 cup at a time, until the desired consistency and sweetness is reached.

If desired, serve topped with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Just be sure not to fill the mugs too full before adding the whipped cream, or you might have some overflow.

recipe – altered from good life eats via pinterest.

1. trina says:

Oh this sounds amazing! You know I love Chai! I’ll have to try this. Only need white chocolate :)

2. Ally says:

This sounds soo good! I love Chai – I’m definitely going to have to try this. So happy you started this blog as well – can’t wait to see what else you post about!

hey ally! how are you? thanks so much for stopping by! i’m so happy i started this blog too ;) as much as i love fashion, it’ll be so fun to chat about my other loves here :) if you try this, i hope you’ll let me know what you think :)

3. Yakini says:

Omg, YUM!!!! These pictures are GORGEOUS and make me wanna try this recipe out STAT! :-)
    Love the blog design!

hey yakini, im so happy you like the design. thanks so much! i appreciate the love :) hope you’ll visit again soon!

4. Chelsey Hawes says:

This looks delicious and your pics look great! Congrats on the new blog!

5. [...] Bonus Round from Fab Fatale – Don’t forget about my Thanksgiving “Leftovers” Won Tons with Cranberry Salsa recipe. They make for an amazing snack the day after Thanksgiving and are sure to impress your guests! If you’re looking for a fun beverage, try my Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate. [...]

6. Lauren says:

I made this tonight to take to a pumpkin carving party and everyone loved it! I cheated and used white chocolate chips but it turned out just fine. Then after I was done heating it on the stove, I put it in the crock pot to transport and keep warm. I also used a tip I found on Pinterest and made my own whipped cream and then piped it onto parchment paper in big dollops then froze it. So when I transported the frozen dollops in a tupperware container I just popped them in the freezer again when I got to the party and everyone could have their own whipped cream topper whenever they wanted and it was almost like ice cream on top of hot chocolate. You wouldn’t think of hot chocolate for a potluck idea, but it turned out great!

• Fab Fatale says:

What a great idea!!! You’re so creative, always! I’m going to have to try this. I love bringing something unexpected to a pot luck!

7. karla says:

Hello love this recipe! I’m going to make it for thanksgiving. How do the measuments change if I’m making this for let’s say 12 people? I don’t want to mess it up. Should I just double everything? Thank you

-Karla

• Fab Fatale says:

heeey karla! i’m so happy you love the recipe, thanks! since this is a beverage, i think it would be no problem to double it. if you were baking something, i’d probably be concerned about proportions, but i think you should be good to go doubling this one. i’ve never tried it, so you’ll have to let me know how it goes :)