Manicure Mondays – Blue Ombre Nails

on October 26 | in Manicures, Nail Art | by | with 16 Comments

Blue Ombre Nails

I admit it, I’m addicted to blue nail polish lol. I remember the exact moment my obsession began. In 2010, I saw an ad for Chanel’s unreleased 2011 Cruise Collection that showcased a gorgeous powder blue nail polish and I thought it was the most beautiful color I’d ever seen. I immediately rushed out to find something similar, yet blue nail polish was no where to be found at that time!

Chanel undeniably sets the trends in nail polish color because blue is everywhere this year {have you seen their Les Jeans collection? gorg!}. Apparently, the fact that I couldn’t find blue nail polish last year has led to me picking up every blue nail polish I can get my hands on this year lol. Luckily, ULTA had a sale on their ULTA brand polish last weekend, so I was able to add a few more shades to my collection.

I meant for this post to be a swatch showcase of my blues, but it actually turned out to be a fun manicure. I love the monochromatic color scheme – it’s an easy {unintentional} look that makes a statement. Is this a look you would try? See any blues you’d like to pick up?

left hand – left to right: ulta in blue streak, sephora by opi in havana dreams, ulta professional in jet lag, revlon in blue lagoon, ulta in mint condition. right hand – left to right: china glaze in sea spray, love & beauty in blue, love & beauty in sage, china glaze in first mate, essie in lapis of luxury, jewelmint ever frost ring.

Some of the products mentioned in this post were sent to me by the merchant or their PR company. All opinions are 100% my own.

1. Crea says:

drools!!!!

I love love love blue nail polish too. I love what you did. I acutally have lots of blues but none of yours. Each one is so pretty.

I have some blue polish, mostly teal {imagine that} and navy. No powder blue or anything light. I love how this turned out! Fun!

even if you only have 3 shades of the same color, you could pull off this look. just alternate them in a an unordered order :)

3. Ally says:

I just recently got into blue nail polish but I think I can only pull off lighter ones. Essie Lapis of Luxury and Borrowed &Blue are two of my faves that actually look decent on me, but I love some of the ones you swatched

so happy you love. thanks so much! you could try this with any color really. lauren conrad did an ombre manicure in red wines a couple of years ago that was beautiful. would love to try this with my purples as well.

4. cass says:

You only listed 4 colors for your right hand? What is the pretty blue color on your pinkie??

oh you’re so right! how did i miss that. OK, the one i left out is my pointer finger and it is also by Love & Beauty (the Forever 21 brand) and the name of it is blue. that would make the blue on my right pinkie essie lapis of luxury :) i used that blue is a few posts at my other blog – http://www.thelooksforless.com/?s=lapis

i just updated the post. thanks so much for noticing.

5. I love your nail pictures!!! I posted about this one on my blog:

Nail Polish Obsession => http://ow.ly/7ZAT1

6. [...] already know that I’m addicted to blue nail polish, and I can’t wait to break in the reds for Valentine’s Day and the greens for St. [...]

7. Sofia says:

Can you please do a post on HOW you manicure your nails? They always look so perfect!!

8. [...] followed my Manicure Mondays for a while now, then you probably already know that I am ADDICTED to blue nail polish. I don’t think I’ve passed a blue polish that I didn’t toss in my cart at ULTA. [...]

9. [...] followed my Manicure Mondays for a while now, then you probably already know that I am ADDICTED to blue nail polish. I don’t think I’ve ever passed a blue polish at ULTA that I didn’t toss in my [...]

10. I love this fun and in complicated look !!