Manicure Mondays – Multi-Colored Pastel French Tips

on July 31 | in Manicures, Nail Art | by | with 20 Comments

Multi Colored Pastel French Tips Manicure

Sweetheart Ring – JewelMint.com

Multi Colored Pastel French Tips Manicure

This is one of the easiest nail art manicures I’ve done in a long time and you can use colors that you have on hand. My bloggin bud Love Maegan did a post last week that featured a couple of my manicures amongst others, and I fell in love with one that had multi-colored pastel french tips that inspired this mani, originally featured at www.wah-nails.com.

Multi Colored Pastel French Tips Manicure

Multi-Colored Pastel French Tips Manicure

To get this look, I started with a coat of Seche Clear Base Coat and two coats of Essie Sand Tropez. After it is thoroughly dry (I’ve started using Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat between layers to help it dry faster) I tape off the tips with french manicure tip guides.

Next, paint your tips with fun creme colors you have on hand. I used OPI Chapel of Love (last seen in Chanel Morning Rose look for less), Sephora by OPI in Havana Dreams, Essie Lapis Of Luxury, Orly Spark (last seen in sunny yellow and raspberry tips), and China Glaze Make An Entrance (also seen in sunny yellow and raspberry tips).

So what do you all think of this mani? Is this a look you would try?

1. Somhrita says:

where’d you get the french guide tips? This looks super fun! :D

2. Lia says:

OH MY GOODNESS. I am in LOOOOVE with this!!! Yes, yes yes!!!

xoxoxoo

Lia

3. Ally says:

absolutley lovelovelove this! definitely going to give it a try!! so fun!!

Loved it the first time I saw it on Pinterest! My issue is I don’t have enough cremes! :(

5. styleezta says:

Jennifer

How long do you usually wait before you put the french tip guides?? I have been maybe not waiting too long so then it rips off the color beneath…email me thanks!! styleezta@gmail.com

Melissa

heeey, how’ve you been? good to hear from you. ill usually paint my base color, a quick dry top coat, let it dry, go do other things for an hour or so, and come back to it with the sticker guides. ive started using the seche quick dry top coat between layers to help it dry faster. it doesnt seem to make it too thick or alter the design in any way. it really helps. but yes, i kinda work on the mani throughout the day to prevent messing up. this one i actually did mess up – i was in a hurry. when i took the stickers off, the nail polish was super lumpy. i was able to press the polish down a bit with my finger and then smooth it out with a final quick dry top coat. the brush for the top coat really smoothed everything back into place. thank goodness!

6. Crystie Stewart says:

I absolutely adore this manicure! I will have to try this with a soft pink, blue, green, yellow, purple.

Thank you for sharing!

7. Katie says:

This mani is GORGEOUS! Ahhh, love the nude paired with the different colors!

8. Brittany says:

OMG… I HAVE TO TRY THIS! It’s so pretty!

9. Elisa says:

So fun for summer! And I loooove that ring you are wearing!

10. Ale says:

Even though it has so many colors on the tips it looks so pretty and delicate with the neutral base color. I’m loving it. Keep doing french tips and maybe I’ll get motivated to mimic the effort. lol!!! XOXO

11. Toni says:

Totally did this mani this week! I had to get it in before the end of summer! Love!

12. [...] Via (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) Share this: This entry is filed under [...]

13. lorena says:

Love it. Copying is the best form of flattering… so they say.

I am doing and inspired by look on this today on my blog.

14. Maria says:

Whoooooooooooooa, weird, twilight zone. This looks EXACTLY the same as a mani I did last month…

15. [...] Mondays, as seen in my spirited July 4th American Flag manicure and last week’s summertime multi-colored pastel french tips manicure. This french, the CND Ruffian 40′s vintage inspired manicure, is so trendy yet feels so [...]

16. Candy Love says:

I loved the nails! I also did a color french manicure on my nails

17. I really like your blog, so pleased I ran across the idea!