Manicure Mondays – The Happiest Nail Polish Ever

on April 10 | in Manicures | by | with 17 Comments

Sally Hansen Kook-A-Mango Creme Coral Tangerine Tango Nail Polish

If you couldn’t tell by the title of this post, I am crazy about this color. I’ve used many words to describe nail polish before – beautiful, vibrant, light, and bright, but never happy. I tried this on my toes first and I literally get happy everytime I look at them. It’s such a cheerful color, perfect for spring!

If you follow me on Twitter, then you probably already know that I have been on a mission to find a vibrant reddish coral and Sally Hansen’s Kook-A-Mango is it! It’s my favorite color at the moment, which says a lot cuz this mani addict has a lot of colors to choose from lol.

I love the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure brush – it’s flat on one side, so it holds a lot of polish, and fanned out on the end to fit perfectly into your cuticle! The shape is brilliant. It is also wide so that you can complete the mani in 3 strokes and all manicure gurus claim that the perfect manicure (perfect shape against the cuticle) should be done in 3 strokes! This coral creme was perfect in one coat, but always I go for two for a little more depth of color.

So what do you all think of Kook-A-Mango? Is this a color you would try?

1. ASD says:

Love love love! Getting it!!

2. Mary says:

Oh i love that i just bought some spring purple and pink sally hansen nail polish but i might have to go get that too. I just got the nail stamp and plates i ordered this week and i pretty much have the technique down and i have a that swirly pattern you did a few weeks ago over a shiny blue polish and i love it i just want to keep changing patterns now. I got that bundle monster kit and i want to try them all.

3. Alison says:

Lol I just bought this color Friday and have had it on all weekend! I love it and I recognized it as soon as YOU posted it! I totally agree…happiest mani ever.

4. Amy H. says:

I love this color! Ran down to CVS and grabbed a bottle and I’m going to test it out on my toes tonight. Great post :)

5. cadrommy says:

I love! It looks great on you!

6. Katie says:

I’m not one to wear nail polish very often but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this color! Thank you for introducing me to it!

7. Sabrina says:

Wow, I just wore this color last weekend, and I agree with you, it’s a shade that brings a smile to your face. I love it! And Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes are on sale this week on CVS for $6, so I plan to pick up more fun, bright hues for the season.

it’s crazy because now that i have it, im noticing it popping up everywhere too. must be their hot color at the moment! i love it!

8. [...] The blueish sea green creme nail polish is perfect for spring/summer. This week, I’m wearing coral nail polish on my toes and Essie’s Turquoise & Caicos, from Essie’s Resort 2010 collection, on [...]

9. [...] I saw a pic of Essie’s Tart Deco on my bud Trina’s Facebook page and ran out to get it right away. I was on a huge coral kick in spring, but I’m loving this toned down version of the popular color for summer. I’d say this is more of a peachy orange creme coral, compared to red corals that I was hooked on last season (check out Sally Hansen’s Kook-A-Mango). [...]

10. kimmy says:

did you use any additional base or top coat when doing this mani? just curious because it is already a complete mani in a bottle. but do you recommend using a base to prevent discoloration of the nails?

yes, i always use a base coat. i dont trust a 2 in 1 since i feel like i need a good sealed base, without any color mixed in, before i put color directly on my nails. :) i stained my nails once with a nasty gold polish and ive never let color touch my nails since. now my nails always look pretty fresh, even though i paint them constantly.