Manicure Mondays – Feather Nails

on November 22 | in Manicures, Nail Art | by | with 109 Comments

Feather Nails

My sister is back in Florida visiting from Washington and we’re having so much fun together! She did the way popular lace manicure for me last month and I dared her to come up with another manicure as fun as the last. We ended up in Michael’s with a cart full of feathers and boas and this is what we came up with.

Feather Nails Manicure Ingredients:

• Bag of {faux} Feathers
  • A Base Coat
  • A Base Color
  • Thick Clear Top Coat
  • Tweezers

To recreate my feather nails, first prep your nails with a base coat – I used Essie’s Protein Base Coat, followed by a base color. I used Color Club’s Pretty in Platinum. The pearly white silver contrasted beautifully against the exotic pattern and color in the feathers.

Next, top one nail with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat and press a feather into the nail using tweezers quickly before it dries. With a small pair of scissors, cut the feather around the edges that extend past the nail. Apply one more coat of Seche Vite to secure the feather onto the nail. Repeat for the remaining nails.

Thanks so much to my sister for another fun manicure! So what do you think of this feather manicure? Would you wear feather nails?

1. lindsey rose says:

lovely! trying it right now!

2. Kasey says:

I just did this last night and ALL my co-workers insisted on knowing where I got my nails done! Nobody believed me when I said I did them at home after being inspired by your post! Thanks for the wonderful idea! Keep them coming! :)

3. krystle says:

thats funny cuz Adrienne Bailon has that on here page……..an it her picture! mmmmm .. creative?

how could u assume this was her pic when u can check our post dates and see that mine was first? this took a lot of time and effort so thanks for pointing out that a celeb stole my pics lol. guess I’ll comment at her site to let her know credit should be given so no one else accuses me of stealing my own hard work.

4. Natalie says:

Adrienne Bailon didn’t just steal your pics, she copy-pasted your entire post! How rude. I still love this – as soon as my exams are over I MUST try it! I’ve tried some of your other tutorials (the easier less finicky ones!) and they all worked out amazing, I’ve never had so many compliments on my nails before. Thank you!

hey natalie, can you believe that she took my pics and text? now that im at a computer, i had to look it up thinking maybe it was a fan or imposter site, but it’s definitely hers, linked to from her official twitter page. SHOCKED!!! but she didn’t take all my text, she took out the part about me and my sis hanging out working on this together, as though this was all her own!

im so happy you’ve tried some of my manicures and got lots of compliments on it! that’s awesome! i hope you’re following manicure mondays at their new home http://www.fabfatale.com my new beauty and lifestyle blog :) thanks again for the comment!

5. Chanel says:

You make it look so easy to do.

I have to try this!!

6. [...] queen of my lace and feather manicures, is the lovely hand model for this polka dot manicure, lol. My Bundle Monster pack came in this [...]

7. [...] time for my sisters visit – my sister Lauren is the queen of the infamous lace manicure and feather manicure. A little yucked out by using real snakeskin, I assured Lauren that the snakes were as clean as [...]

8. TJ says:

Wow! This is nail design is creative and very impressive. I’ve got a few pink feathers I might try this with.

oh this would look amazing with pink feathers! you have to try it and i hope you’ll share a pic if you do :) hope you’re having a great weekend!

9. Gina says:

Hey!! Let me start by saying I am a HUGE fan of both your blogs!!! I finally got up the courage to try this Feather manicure but, I failed miserably. What type of feathers did you use? I think I had the wrong ones =)

thank u so much for leaving such a nice comment! you made my day :) i used a bag of feathers from Michaels. they were on a shelf under the boas, but im not sure about the brand. they were really soft and flexible, so it was easy to mold it onto my nail. i hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions :)

• carmen says:

I did this one today but the only problem i have is that it does not shine well…maybe i need to use multiple clear coats! Anyone know for sure??

10. Natalie says:

I totally love it! I just don’t know where to get feathers like these…

hey natalie, i picked up my feathers at michaels :) they were on a shelf under some boas :) let me know if you try this mani and please share a pic :)

11. ca says:

this animal cruelty for this???

12. paintgurl40 says:

it’s stuff like this that makes me happy to be a woman!! ; ) I can’t wait to try this one…

13. I like this post, enjoyed this one appreciate it for putting up.

14. [...] My sis came back and also did a feather manicure and snakeskin manicure. Hope you’ll check them out and let me know what you [...]

15. [...] thought it would be fun to bring back my most popular manicure ever, my feather nails, and refashion it for summer. My sis did that manicure for me a couple of years ago and at that [...]

16. ana says:

How long are your nails suppose to be?

they can be any length, but if they are a little past the tips of your fingers, its easier so that you can trim the extra feather off the edges as needed.

17. [...] it may look incredibly fancy, it is actually surprisingly simple if you follow Fab Fatale’s DIY Feather Nail directions. You’ll only need faux feathers from your local craft store, a base coat, a base [...]